F1 2011 Tyre Strategy Screen Stops Responding @ Canada (Pre Race)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi guys,
Just encountered a bug in my game (dont know if anyone else has had it), and i cant find anything about it on google. Here's my problem:

Im on race day in Canada, in career mode.
I go to the tyre strategy screen to change the default strategy, then once i've changed it to my liking, i press "B" or back, to go back to the setup screen, and the game just becomes unresponsive, like there's still noise, and the head cam is still moving around, but the game is dead, like i cannot do anything.

However, ive just noticed that when i press "start" on my controller, it goes to the pause screen which then lets me continue.

And it seems to be only at Canada, as i've tested it on GP mode and it still does this.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers guys

Did you try deleting the cache of your 360? I'm guessing you're on the 360 since you said you're pressing "B".

This will not delete your saved games etc. but merely any updates you had previously downloaded. Thus your 360 will download everything once again, so be careful if you're on a slow connection.

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
2a9627e0-ffa1-4c68-a594-145da92384e5.JPG

1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
acc61cbd-426f-434a-9802-30b80f932d20.JPG

1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Oh, I see. Did you try re-installing the game? It's weird, I've never had that in Canada - neither on my PS3 nor when playing on my PC.

Nah I haven't tried reinstalling mainly because I've got so many mods that I can't really be bothered reinstalling them all again haha.

Umm but yeah, this is the first time ive experienced this. It tried a gp at Monaco and it was fine, so that means that it's something to do with Canada.

Oh well, I've just completed the race earlier today.

Well, as long as you're done with it. :)

One thing, tho: my game started acting really weird when I installed lots of mods and even crashed all the time when loading a race. Well, I blame the latter problem on my pretty outdated computer and having HD skins for every car installed. But then again, lots of mods can cause lots of problems. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back