1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Tyre pressure advice

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Keith Gregg, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    Common sense tells me what I think should be happening to the tyres when I increase or decrease tyre pressures...but could someone in the know suggest some of the pro's and con's of increasing/decreasing pressures etc in Assetto in laymans terms :)
    Many thanks
    Regards

2. SakL

SakL
    Black flagged in a club race! Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Bigger pressure = higher top speed, better precision
    Lower pressure = a bit more heat

Just keep them at 33 for GT3 and 35 for GT2 and all is good. AC as a tad sensitive to optimum tire pressures lap time wise... And they only allow 1 psi increments :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. s73

s73
    Flying-Bollards.com #37

Ratings:
    +35
    I am also interested in this.
    Is increasing tyre pressures a viable tactic to reduce temps in the front tyres. I presume when you recommend 33 for GT3 - this is at running temp, not the psi in the setup?

4. Alexander Rhodes

Alexander Rhodes

Ratings:
    +9
    That depends on how you drive s73. It might lower the temperatures if you're not sliding, but increased sliding from less grip will make them hotter than before. Like in all instances, you're not looking for a secret setting that solves all the problems, rather, you're looking for a compromise between grip and heat.

One thing I will say, is that lower pressures cool faster than higher pressures.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak

Arkadiusz Wawrzyniak

Ratings:
    +52
    In a setup I almost always do lower the psi by 1-2 clicks. Much more grip. Some guys will tell you the psi when the tires are up to temp, so be careful cause it gets confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +326
    We still have a few cars doing 'silly' things at the default tire pressures.
    The new Porsche GT3 feels great right out of the box.
    The tires are compliant and when you ride a curb, the car responds well and as it should.
    The Praga R1 and some others on the other hand, will sometimes still tend to want to rotate on curb contact with the left front tire....even on camber left turn.
    It may be time to go back and have a look at some of those cars.

7. slowcrash101

slowcrash101

Ratings:
    +3
    How about for cars like the tuned Mazda RX-7 or others, how do you keep heat in the semi slick tires?