F1 2010 Tyre and fuel sim

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
With tyre and fuel aim what should I put on and off because with the both off I'm 7 seconds a lap faster is there any suggestions by codemasters as to which ones should be on or off

Both on if your a clean driver, Tire sim off if your not a clean driver. Keep tire sim off for first race though, especially in season 1, or else you will get a puncture regardless. Also, use legend AI, and if you get pitbug, run longer race :D

Fuel on is a nightmare... the AI cars are a lot faster at the start of the race, specially on long races, and everyone overtakes you.
Tyre sim on is another nightmare because it means you have to pit, which can mean pit bug (change your strategy to go on a couple laps earlier or later), but more of a nightmare because some AI don't pit at all.

And punctures are under the "damage model" not the tyre sim. If you have damage on and tyre sim off, you still get punctures.

tyre sim on is a must, it's just too easy without, and managing your tyres is a big part of the race imo. Fuel sim on is very hard, as AI isn't affected by it, you will lap around 2 secs slower at the start of the race and it will be an uphill struggle desperately trying to keep position untill your car becomes lighter and you must push like mad if you want a remote chance of gaining any positions.

Herp, I have nothing of the sort. With both on, in a Williams, I can still run 5th to 3rd, and compete for a win on tracks I'm good at, And in the RBR's I run a solid 2 seconds up on the field, regardless.

I think punctures are determined not only by damage model, but by set of tires. I've gotton punctures on lap 2 of practice, after doing a lap and a half at maybe 80% to feel out the track, on primes.

But, I can drive all out, get off line a bunch of times, and usually never get a puncture in a race, unless I do something drastic, or get wing-clipped on the wheel by someone.

you must have really good tyres then mate i was driving bahrain the other day on my second last lap i came off the track on the third last corner for the first time in the whole race and low and behold i got a puncture and i wouldnt have cared only i had used my last flashback after a collision with sauber car not nice lol

I dont run tire sim at bahrain in season mode, I get a puncture EVERY race there on the second last lap. The other races, I tend to have pretty good luck, but I run 100%, long weekend, and do lengthy practices, so any punctures I do get off my sets of tires, tend to be in P2 or P3, not in Q or Race :D

well the first race i did on my live profile in bahrain didnt have TCS on saving my tyres more and i tried earlier with tcs off on different profile and i didnt get any punctures now IMO with TCS off the tyres should wear away more than with it on yet the computer seems to be backwards

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back