Two Missing Objects

'Afternoon,
I am looking for 2 objects to complete my project.

1) I've seen in a few posted tracks- people have had trackside viewing screens (in some cases animated).
Animation would still be a ways away for me... But is there a viewing screen object in a posted xpack anywhere?

2) I found some nice grandstands for the outer part of the circuit but feel I need to get a nice modern main straight grandstand into the track. I'd like something along the lines of the modern Catalunya (Tilke esque). When I see WIPs, posted tracks, etc... there are some great main grandstands- are they all custom made? ripped? Or in a xpack somewhere that I have yet to find?

Much appreciate any feedback on these 2 questions.
Will post some WIP pics soon.
Its coming along well.

Thanks!
-kohnboy

A good number of views but no responses... I hope I did not say something wrong.
Anyhow further research here and on various forums and so on has brought me to the point that I can foresee 3 options...

1) Buy 3dsimed and use to "import" objects from ISI tracks and others... Which I'm not too keen on- but an option.
2) Purchase objects (for example from Turbosquid). Has anyone does this? Any pointers? An option or a deadend?
3) Besides trying to get better at BTB- get cracking on some modeling tools (for example Sketchup) on my own.

If anyone can provide feedback, suggestions or pointers on 1 and 2 it would be appreciated.
I don't want to go down a dead end road... Please keep in mind- am building for GTR2.

As always- Thanks!

I'd recommend 1 and 3 - but with 1, try to limit it to ISI's tracks. You could take things from other tracks if you can get permission.

I use Anim8or for object modelling. Once you get the hang of the interface it's fairly simple. 3dSimed is necessary for polishing the track once you've finished with it in BTB. If you have merged tracks, you can use 3dSimed to eliminate overlapping polygons. You can also do animated view screens, although I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how easy it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back