Two Controller Question

Hi,

I'm sure there's a post on this sort of thing somewhere (either here or Sector3 forums possibly) but I can't find it. Probably just a bad choice of words in the search box.

Plugged in the lovely new CSW2.5 wheelbase and the V2 pedals are on a separate USB connection.

As expected the game doesn't recognise the wheelbase (too new) so I added it in as a custom profile, however I can't get it to accept control assignments from the pedals.

Can someone help me with this? I was previously was using an old Thrustmaster wheel with the pedals but it was so long ago I can't remember what I did to convince the game to accept the pedals! :laugh:

Spent an hour on it last night but I admit I'm a bit stumped....no issues with the other titles I own (AC, RF2, AMS) Raceroom is the only one being difficult.

The devices do show up on the controller screen so the game is seeing them, it's just a case of convincing the game to accept them as a controller assignment :)

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Double-clicking on the chosen pedal assignment and pushing the pedal is not enough to work ?
I think that's what I did when I replaced the G27 pedals for CSP V2 pedals.

Double-clicking on the chosen pedal assignment and pushing the pedal is not enough to work ?
I think that's what I did when I replaced the G27 pedals for CSP V2 pedals.

Yeah, that's what I don't get. I double click, it waits for the assignment but pressing the pedals has no effect. I lost patience last night so I'll have another stab at it later. Thanks for the reply though :thumbsup:

That's really weird. I started using a Bodnar cable for my G27 pedals just the other day. All I did was plug it in and re-assign the pedals in the controller menu. No problems with detection or anything. Have you tried a different USB port? How many other recognised controllers do you have plugged in? (eg, gamepads)

That's really weird. I started using a Bodnar cable for my G27 pedals just the other day. All I did was plug it in and re-assign the pedals in the controller menu. No problems with detection or anything. Have you tried a different USB port? How many other recognised controllers do you have plugged in? (eg, gamepads)

Yeah I know, didn't have any issues before. Ironically my previous setup was more complex as I had the wheel, pedals and a SLI display plugged in as well and the game identified all three perfectly.

I'm going to delete the profile and keep working on it that way. Something isn't quite right for some reason, I'll get there!

I was going to sign up for the multiclass race last night, glad I didn't now otherwise I would've been very disappointed! :rolleyes:

Silly question: your OS is not a Win10 ( by chance !? ... or rather misfortune sometimes !! ).

Never had any problem until yesterday .... when the Logitech profiler couldn't recognize my wheel ! .... since this Creator's Update .... strange things happen from time to time. :(

Really not sure this Game Mode is not playing badly on our PCs.

Silly question: your OS is not a Win10 ( by chance !? ... or rather misfortune sometimes !! ).

Never had any problem until yesterday .... when the Logitech profiler couldn't recognize my wheel ! .... since this Creator's Update .... strange things happen from time to time. :(

Really not sure this Game Mode is not playing badly on our PCs.

Haha, yes it is and you may well be right.

In the games defence I think that no profile has been setup for the CSW 2.5 yet could partially be the cause as well.

Windows 10 is great and also a pain at times, although you could say that about most OS's :laugh:

Ok, just to update.

I did the controller profile about four times, I also installed the latest beta drivers from Fanatec which helped no end as some of the Control Panel options were not working as they should. Not the fault of Fanatec, looked like it was a Steam/Windows 10 issue. So all ok now.

If anyone has come across a good FFB for this version of the wheel base feel free to link it here (whilst waiting for the official profile).

I'll try out some of the V2 settings that people have had success with.

EDIT: Just found the main forum page on here so I'll try some of those when I'm home :):thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years