F1 2010 tweaking penalties?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm sure the flawed penalty system is bugging a lot of people. It's why I play with penalties set to reduced.

Now this happens: Webber was leading some 5 seconds in front of me. I get a yellow flag and see Webber spun out. Since I don't wanna crash into him I'm forced to go on the grass and pass him.

I got a 10 second penalty because of overtaking under yellow flag conditions :D

What was I supposed to do? Stop and wait behind him untill he reovers from his spin? lol

Any way you modders can take a look at the penalty system and make it more intelligent?

Did you lift off before passing Webber and going onto the grass? If you didn't slow down then you deserve the penalty: that is in the FIA rules.

Personally, I think you should have waited behind him. There is too much rushing around and trying to push in front of other people in the world today.
Slow down, chill out and enjoy the scenery when driving - you will get to the end eventually, with a lot less stress than rushing all the time.

lol

i didn't really slow down that much, just enough not to spin out on the grass. I shall however take your advice and from now on cruise leasurly through the circuits!

btw I still won that race, was 10.1 seconds ahead of webber at the finishline..now THAT'S timing! :D

If you ever get a repeat of somebody spinning in front of you and yellow flags make sure you slow down to pass and see what happens.
Cutting corners in the game gets a warning or invalid lap if done at speed, but if you you slow to cut the corner you are normally OK.

I honestly don't know if you encountered a minor bug or broke the rules. I have gone past stricken cars on the yellow but I always lift off, and I have also stayed on the track - never penalised for it. Plenty of penalties given to me for cars driving into the side or rear wheel of me - but I use "Flashback" for any unwarranted penalties, the only time I use it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back