Tutorial - Objects for BTB with Sketchup

B

Biggles1212

• Biggles1212

Hi I've completed a full tutorial that should be comprehensive enough for just about anyone to make objects in Sketchup and use them in BTB for their favorite sim.

I'd appreciate any good suggestions.

It took me a few hours to work all the snags out and there was a lot of great information already here at Race Department.

I've uploaded the tutorial here.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/btb-library/38/full-objects-sketchup-btb-1805/

If you have any questions post them here or PM me. I'll do my best but I'm no guru at this.

Do enjoy. Thanks

Hi. I start making object, but can't fill it. What can i do ?

8f4c34725e7d.jpg

Hi. Can someone tell me how to make textures for Google SketchUp object ? I watch this video and when he said : "texture and length of the wall to do the same" i can't do that. In my case Tape Measure Tool - have different sizes, not meters.

Hi. Can someone tell me how to make textures for Google SketchUp object ? I watch this video and when he said : "texture and length of the wall to do the same" i can't do that. In my case Tape Measure Tool - have different sizes, not meters.
I'm not sure what do you mean. But if you talking about measure - you must to make choice of template before start your new project in Sketchup. Or go to Windows /System Preferences and in Template line choose default Drawing Template...

Any way, this video tutorial is old and show main method, how used materials in Sketchup and not the most perfect. But better do all by this way (if you want have compact textures and model for yours 3D projects): http://simtrackipedia.wikidot.com/model-of-grass-and-tress

As barbje said, you usually set the units when you first start using sketchup, but you can change it afterwards in the Window/Model info menu.

Untitled.png

Make a temporary line what you want (0,0,0) place be on that object. Most likely from bottom corner to opposite corner, then delete half of it.. sort of like this:

Imaginary box, looked from bottom up:

bottom.jpg

Then make it to group with that helper line, the object snaps to Sketchups 0,0,0, a lot easier and once it snaps, it's perfectly centered. Delete that helper line before saving/exporting.

And what is problem? - You must delete background plane and then select all model, take "M" toll, get model from bottom corner and move to correct coordinates (by default, he snap to..).
What the problem ? If this object is in right place ( like you say ), why importing object looks like this ?

3ad2d108938d.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years