Tutorial - Objects for BTB with Sketchup

B

Biggles1212

• Biggles1212

Hi I've completed a full tutorial that should be comprehensive enough for just about anyone to make objects in Sketchup and use them in BTB for their favorite sim.

I'd appreciate any good suggestions.

It took me a few hours to work all the snags out and there was a lot of great information already here at Race Department.

I've uploaded the tutorial here.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/btb-library/38/full-objects-sketchup-btb-1805/

If you have any questions post them here or PM me. I'll do my best but I'm no guru at this.

Do enjoy. Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to import a buildiung I designed into BTB but have had no joy. Found this thread but can't download the tutorial or SU6 as the links are dead - could someone please provide the links?

Also,l since this seems quite complicated, if someone could create an XPack of the building for me that would be awesome, see the link below to download the SU8 file...

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3D73EDD973C1089B!321

Thanks,

Mez

Hey Erwin, MANY thanks for doing the building for me - your help is really appreciated, it's made my track look really awesome! =)

Keen to start doing these myself though, can anyone post the tutoprial and SU6 here so I can have a go myself?

Mez

Hey guys thanks to all for the download links, very much appreciated! Will Let you know how I get on.

Erwin - I've imported your building into my track (and you can see it in BTB) but it isn't appearing when I export it to rFactor... Any ideas? I will try and do the import myself in the meantime :)

Thanks all,
Mez

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this and I've been trying to import logos into BTB for use on my tracks but every time I try and place the logo into BTB, nothing is placed. :mad:

The steps I have followed are:

1) Open SU6, make a simple shape and add the logo as a texture to one face
2) export as a GE4 .kmz file
3) rename to a zip and extract
4) open Xpacker and load the dae file
5) export to BTB

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong? I am using a 128x128 jpg texture for the logo and the Xpacker seems to say that it is ok, yet I don't get anything in BTB :(

Thanks,

Mez

Doesn't have to be DDS.

I use JPG on my objects in BTB, the building in my video here is made from JPG except the glass on the handrail which was DDS.

I have 2 questions, Did you check your AXIS before exporting, and what scale/size is your object?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back