F1 2012 Tutorial: How to swap a driver

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
D

Deleted member 137812

• Deleted member 137812

A lot of people wonder how this works.

Step 1: Open the language file and swap the name of the driver you need with the name of the driver you want at the right column (yes every line including his name), so Schumacher -> Hamilton, Michael -> Lewis, SCH -> HAM. be sure you don't pick the left column! Now save and exit.

Step 2: Open up the database and go to "f1drivers", there you have to look for your driver and change their nationality_id into the nationality you want for your driver. So for example; if you want Schumacher to be replaced with Hamilton, you have to look in the nationality tab and search the english id. In this example that id is "1", so you have to replace Schumachers "nationality_id" with "1".

Step 3: In the database "f1drivers" tab you have to switch Schumachers "short_name_string_id" (so MSC) to "HAM". Because you want Hamilton to be in there. Now save and exit

Step 4: Open up "b_nonpersistent" in the /frontend folder. Scroll down to the card_image_msc click on it and select "Import" so you've got the picture of Hamilton in there. (make sure the file type and everything is right or it wont work). After that select "Add" in the bottom line of the program. It now says "card_image_msc_2", and you have to change this into "card_image_ham". Again, save and exit.

If I explained this right everything should work now!
Every step can be accomplished by using Ryder's great programs! (Download link)

Sorry, but I can't found first name in language file.I swap Kovalainen with Van der Garde,but the first name remain Heikki! Thanks.

I too have this problem. I have changed the 5 lines pointed out by Sheriff, however I still get Nico Sutil when replacing Hulkenberg?

Please help, I have managed to change all the name before so it must be possible but I cant find the other Nico that needs changing.

Ok I think I have figured it out, Nico Rosberg and Nico Hulkenberg share a Nico in the language file! They are mirrored! You can't change Hulkenberg to Sutil or whoever gets the seat without lewis hamilton at mercedes becoming Adrian Hamilton.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Ok I think I have figured it out, Nico Rosberg and Nico Hulkenberg share a Nico in the language file! They are mirrored! You can't change Hulkenberg to Sutil or whoever gets the seat without lewis hamilton at mercedes becoming Adrian Hamilton.
Does anyone know a workaround?

hill : Unfortuantely you would probably not want our language file as its based on a our team Braveheart Discovery racing, that replaces mclaren team.
Car, team, racecrew, pit, logos etc are very soon to be uploaded for the fun of it, but probably only danish racers that will race us in LAN here are interested in those language files.

Regarding your problem with Nico, I do not know. I can have a look later maybe.
They have seperate number in the language file right ?.... that I would look for,

I had a issue with Jenson, because his lastname "button" is mentionend a million times.... ;)
so I just compared where Lewis had to be changed.

They are named respectively number 15 and 16, you can test by only changing one of them, Nico or Nico2.
Alternate solution: Are there not by the way an updated Language file made by someone who has updated all drivers for 2013 season ?? ... I saw a DB update for 2013 in the download section. Maybe a Languagefile for 2013 is also available already ?

I've changed Alonso and Schumacher by replacing values in f1drivers_f1teams tab in database. Than I changed helmets in car livery folders. But still while driver enters car before session start they are in their old suit and helmet. Can someone tell me what to change so I get Ferrari suit on Schumi in video before session start? I will post this in modding questions too.;) This thread helped to start with some modding.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back