Cars Turnsignal config ini. Issue.

Doug62

Premium
Hi all
Been trying to get turn signals working on a old mod using the Extension/config.ini
Because the mod has separate mesh for the R & L side at the back off the car I have the turn signal, Hazard lights and reverse lights working .

The trouble I'm having is with the front. The L & R lights are 1 mesh so regardless off what I've tried both L & R are flashing.
I do have a example off a mod that has this 1 mesh for the front turn lights but it works. I've tried copying the same thing over but it fails to separate or work at all. This mod works but reading the path lines is doesn't reference the Mesh name at all in either the lights.ini or the config.ini but work fine ?? confused as to how it's working at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks guy's.

• Deleted member 223075

@Doug62 Have you take a look in proview_nodes ? Some times i see objects have different names.

To do both sides on a single mesh from ext_config you need to be using the more recent CustomEmissive style, probably looks something like this:
Code:
[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = Headlight_Turn
@ = CustomEmissive_CoverAll, Channel = 3, Mirror
@ = AlphaFromTxDiffuse
@ = TurningLightsFront, Channel = 3
First line just says which mesh to look at.
The second line here is telling it "light up the entire texture with no 'smart' behaviour, use channel 3 (this is standard for turn signals), mirrored parts of the mesh (left/right of center) in separate channels"
The third line says the original shader used on the material stores its alpha in the diffuse texture (meaning, it's not ksPerPixelMultiMap - the default assumption)
The fourth line is an automatic fill-in that creates the [LIGHT_TURN_...] and [EMISSIVE_TURN_...] with default settings, you just tell it the channel to use. If you want to manually control settings that are in the [LIGHT] or [EMISSIVE] sections you skip this and add CHANNEL=3 to both of those.

Most of the configs included use a different @ = CustomEmissive line where it includes a Color=. This is not the colour of the light produced; it's the colour on the texture map, used to quickly separate red/orange/white for brake/turn/reverse. If your mesh is a single type of light, or it's the more modern all-white turn signal that lights up orange, you don't really want that style.

Thanks for the help from Stero I was able to get the turn lights working side to side.

The trouble is now the front turn signal are working, they work across the car, not down one side.
What I have that is working,

[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = glassbumperfsidemarkers_a_gls_ML_CH1_Circular_001_595959FF01
@ = CustomEmissive_CoverAll, Channel = 3, Mirror
@ = TurningLightsFront, Channel = 3
@ = CustomEmissive_SkipDiffuseMap.

The turn signal button are set when looking from the back off the car, forward as you do as a driver right and right. The front turn signals work left & right as you look from the front.

I have tried to add a entry on the CustomEmissive line that suggests to mirror the channel from right to left instead off left to right. The light glow on the road however is correct. So the road glow is down the correct side either left or right. It's the light on the front off the car that is opposite.

@ = CustomEmissive_CoverAll, Channel = 3, Mirror, emMirrorDir = -1, 0, 0

This only served to turn off one side and when using the opposite turn signal both lights would light up.

I've sent a good 5 hours trying different things. Most just stopped them from working altogether or just made both work at the same time.

Some help please guy's!
Thanks.

Last edited:
I've posted this on discord for the shaders and got no answer!
So there is no way to change the direction of the 3 channels? Seem a little outdated to me and I have to wonder why it seems to work for other cars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 82 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%