1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning radius

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by purplehaze031, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to RR and I'm finding that even though I've set the wheel and car settings to 900 degrees I'm finding it really hard to make turns unless I really slow down.. when I play multiplayer I can see other drivers making turns at much higher speeds then me and much tighter too. Anyone got any ideas or do I just need to get used to how the cars handle?
  2. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

If you've changed the rotation-speeds, you'd be highly advised to address the steering-lock as well.
    Higher wheel-rotation = More lock needed.
  3. yeah, ive increased steering lock to 40, the highest value
  4. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

What happens, if you set it to the lowest amount possible? Is it an extreme difference or rather barely?
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks

It's best not to change the steering rotation on the cars, those are set automatically by the game for each car based on what that car would have in real life. Some have 900, some have 720, some have 540, etc. so just leave that to whatever the game sets. If the steering feels too pointy turn your lock down a bit, if it feels too wayward turn your lock up a bit. :thumbsup:
  6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

It depends on the car, some of the cars with new physics then the default steering lock works pretty well but older ones need to be matched to your wheels degrees. At least that's what I've found so far. I don't run a profiler so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

I run any car with 270 and 21. It does work, but if you want several rotations it sadly won't help you.
  8. 270/21 ?

Holy ****
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 540/20 for all the cars for me works best. Least hassle, too.
  10. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

900 with 30-33 should be more than enough (t500 owner) just make sure window profile is set the same. If this is your first time at 900, it will feel like a bus/truck, need more laps
  11. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Given my pace, you are indeed right to call me holy. But you have never tried this setting I understand?
  12. I donĀ“t need to try because i know how it feels and how unrealistic this is. I have a wheel and I want to have the settings as close to real as possible and so I use the default steering angle per car and only change the lock a bit if needed.

The basics are: 450/18, 540/23, 720/27, 900/30
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. 600/15 for GT cars
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ouvert

Premium Member

well for Formula on Monaco it might work :)

not all GTs ..