Tunturun Circuit

Tracks Tunturun Circuit v1.0f

Login or Register an account to download this content
Kim Mica submitted a new resource:

Tunturun Circuit - Fictional circuit built using Race Track Builder

This is my first track ever and it's not perfect, but I did get a lot of positive feedback from beta testers. I hope you will like it!

Installation:
Unpack the .7z file using 7-Zip or similar and put the "mica_tunturun_circuit" folder in your ...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\ folder.

Known issues:
- Bumps on the 1966 layouts. (If anyone knows how to fix these in RTB without crashing the program, please do let me know!)
- Some testers have reported a temporary game freeze...

Read more about this resource...

It's an interesting layout, it does have a certain flow to it. I do like the section through the forest area, I kinda imagine how it would look like with an autumn setting and details like leaves, or perhaps cherry blossom trees. :p But there's some things I'd have to note:
- the track is basically flat, bringing in some imperfections, camber and elevation changes would definitely make it more interesting and bring more road feel
- pit exit is right in the braking zone of turn 1, I don't think this is a good idea. The pits are pretty large and the pit exit could curve with the turn
- covering the pit entry with tyre barriers would probably a good idea
- spawning in the pits shows the 'cut detected lap invalidated' message
- the pits are a bit weird, coming in from the pit entry there's more space to the left towards the track than to the right towards the pit boxes and garages
- encountered that game freeze on my first try on the free-roam layout where the simulation froze after a few minutes but the Escape menu/resetting to pits still worked though the simulation was still stuck and the CPU warning message showed. Don't really know what the solution to this would be though, maybe check again if things related to physics/collisions like the walls are all done properly.
- needs some surroundings, terrain where the track fits in, and details like a paddock area, escape roads, maybe part of it being public road, etc.

Overall a nice start. Interested to see what you make of the track from here. =]

• Deleted member 243506

like the G.P layout , also love the forest section , bumps are fine. and as i'm finding out ..the more the better.. unsettling the car gives a track sum character and pushes more towards setting a car up for it..rather than just arcade blast.
had no freezing of the screen in the G.P layout
made a AI for GP and now getting a 99% CPU usage warning.. not sure but it could be the 52 grid slot. i'm making a track and never got a warning with 40-45 grid slots , have just upped it to 52 and i get the same 99% cpu warning. even if i hav only 20 cars on the grid. could be a bug in R.T.B ..not sure. this track is 99% at the same point ,just b4 turn 4..150 marker board,first lap..every time..then never see it again.
its a epic track in RSS Formula hybrid.
alot of fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Neil Shaw I'm glad you didn't experience the freezing. Hopefully it's not as common of an issue as I feared. I didn't hear anyone else about a 99% CPU usage warning. What kind of CPU do you have?

@Epistolarius Thank you for all your suggestions on how I can improve the track. However, since this is my first track I made some mistakes along the way I can no longer fix. As a result, I decided to improve the track as much as feasible using the feedback from beta testers and then release it as is. In case I figure out how to stop the game from freezing in some cases or another major bug fix, I will definitely look into updating it, but aside from that this is going to be the final circuit.

I hope to create more tracks in the future and not make those mistakes that hamper me later, and if so I will definitely take your suggestions into account.

Thank you!

Sorry so be so harsh here but this is a typical RTB track. Your road has WAY too many triangles in it. Your tri count on screen with render app open is over 5 million almost the whole time. My latest track with 3D grass and 1000s of trees never goes over 2.5 million. With AC the visual road should be very low on poly count. Just enough to make the turns smooth and only a few polys wide. What you drive on is a high poly mesh that is not rendered and set to invisible in the editor. Also those '3D' trees are not helping either.

If you want to fix this track and also make more in the future please read over this thread. You may not use blender but the general rules still apply.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/proper-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.122794/

@LilSki Thanks. I feel like your comment could have been worded a little nicer, but I appreciate the content nonetheless.

This first track was nothing more than an experiment. The only reason I'm sharing it in the first place, is because more and more people have been asking for it.

I'll definitely use your thread as a guideline for my next track. Thank you!

@LilSki Thanks. I feel like your comment could have been worded a little nicer, but I appreciate the content nonetheless.

This first track was nothing more than an experiment. The only reason I'm sharing it in the first place, is because more and more people have been asking for it.

I'll definitely use your thread as a guideline for my next track. Thank you!
My apologies I had a rough morning and should have waited to reply. I just have a fairly well known hatred for RTB and it isn't your fault. Best of luck on your future work. I hope you graduate away from RTB into blender or Max where the real magic can happen.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%