Tuesday is patchday!

Today it seems we're getting the next R3E patch;
R3E.PNG

So what can we expect from this downtime?
Well for one I think we finally get to see this baby added to the roster;

Nissan Skyline GTR R32
2584-5b64d30bb3e127b8f1f7835760a9ac0a.jpg
Godzilla joins the Touring Classics and the entire class of cars have been updated with new physics and BOP (Balance of Performance) to match the DTM 1992 cars.
Look for upcoming club races using both these cars alone and in conjunction with the DTM cars.
b0e4a9abe5a650875dc0f4edb52763db.png

Other than that we hope to see some added features to the dedicated server, support for more info being pulled from the shared memory API (read: more cool stuff for telemetry apps to use), and the usual host of bugfixes and improvements.

Note that I don't know for sure this is coming in this patch, but it has been hinted at.

I'm so looking forward to this! Godzilla shall once again roam the earth!
As far as FFB issues go try scouring the numerous threads on here already and find settings for your wheel, I have no such issues and neither does a lot of us.
I know, but a lot of people do so I know I'm not alone. I've spent countless hours finding settings and trying to get it right (Matej's suggested settings in the wheel settings thread are the best so far), but I'm tired of trying now; it's an issue with the way the FFB is, not my wheel. It's something that needs fixing.

Anyway, not wanting to divert this thread onto a FFB discussion, I was just saying I hope there's some improvements in the patch. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, I'm not being negative.

I'm looking for some core game improvements particularly single player options like pit windows and pit stop rules, tyre wear rates, multiclass etc....

The touring classics pack is not that interesting to me. I own three of the cars and rarely use them so this pack will be a sale purchase. My vRP is waiting for Spa, Paul Ricard and ADAC GT 15.

I˙ve never driven cars who have manual clutch with auto clutch, but as I know, auto clutch causes slower gear changes. So couple times, when I raced Abarths, there wasn˙t any difference between us in a matter of laptimes, no matter what technique of gear changing did we use.

I too hope there are some FFB changes. I have been playing about with different settings and I can't get it good. It is playable but it is a struggle to enjoy it. I found the FFB to be better about 6 months ago to be honest. Something ahs changed for the worse.

Really enjoying the game though. Couple of really good MP races here last night. :)

Last edited:
Looks like it's back! Changelog:

07-07-2015

New Content
  • Prepared the game for upcoming releases and sponsored competitions.

Game:
  • Added Fanatec V2 support and default controller profiles.
  • Added numerous additions to the Shared Memory to provide more data to 3rd party developers.
  • Added individual controller profiles for different Fanatec rims.
  • Implemented support so Fanatec rev-light works by default.
  • Implemented Fanatec LED display support with following options:
    • S-G Speed + Gear
    • S Speed
    • G Gear
    • F Fuel
    • POS Position
    • OFF Off
  • Added a new keybinding option for Fanatec LED Display cycle in secondary functions.
  • Added a “Random” setting to Time of Day selection.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur with older replays.
  • Fixed an issue where cars would randomly lose body parts while watching replays.
  • Fixed an issue where car shadows would sometimes stop moving.
  • Fixed so that the Vehicle Settings apply when set in pause menu.
  • Fixed an issue with loading screen popping up one frame between title and splash screen.
  • Improved car shadows
  • Improved shadow split performance
  • Fixed a crash that was occurring at the end of hillclimb tracks.
  • Added additional logging to catch resolution related errors.
  • Added additional logging to catch potential ffb/physics issues.
  • Fixed an issue where the server difficulty was not matching with what was showing in-game.
  • Fixed having 2 “Continue to Results” in pause menu in certain cases.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause path to user documents be wrong.
  • Fixed Player name and End of Session text not fitting the overlay.
  • Fixed an issue where the car was moving at start if gear is engaged.
  • Fixed AI in main path braking for cars that are slowing down while entering pitlane.
  • Fixed a potential AI distance error for cars to the left/right on different paths.
  • Changed default steering lock for gamepads from 13 to 8.
  • Updated some values on all gamepad default profiles.
  • Deployed code support for upcoming spectator mode (more information to be released later on the forum)
Multiplayer

• Dedicated: Added result reports (basic version in json and xml format, additional data will be included later).
  • Dedicated: Added options to upload reports to ftp and http.

AI, Physics & Audio
  • Touring Classics physics overhaul. This class now matches performance with DTM 1992.
  • Decreased gearshift backfire amount on some turbo cars
  • Gumpert Apollo gearshift backfires adjusted
  • P4/5 Competizione new internal sounds
  • Removed the ability to use traction control in Touring Classics
  • Sachsenring - Fixed AI car hitting pitwall under ai control during pitstops.
  • Sachsenring - Merged cut track rules across all difficulty levels.
Art:
  • Reduced quantity of advertisement boards around most of the tracks, and moved some around so it all looks more like it belongs.
  • Zolder: added windmills in the distance
  • RaceRoom Hillclimb: Deleted animated 2D flags, replaced audience with some more high polygons bodies, replaced 2D audience with new ones
  • Lakeview Hillclimb: Deleted animated 2D flags, replaced audience with some more highpolygons bodies, replaced 2D audience with new ones.
  • Chevrolet Dekon Monza - Fixed some heavy glare on interior windows.
  • Various livery tweaks to DTM 2015 cars (available only through the DTM Virtual Championship)

Portal:
  • Added VIP Drivers directory in portal which will list all the VIP drivers.
  • Optimized login flow by removing redundant user page load before redirecting to menus.
  • Added failover on MW timeouts.
  • Added additional checks for store transaction fails.
  • Fixed an issue with user content cache which was getting invalidated after adding price to a new content.
  • Fixed discounts not being considered for second pack in the cart.
  • Fixed an issue with user content cache which was getting invalidated after adding a a new content.
  • Fixed discounts not being considered for second pack in the cart.
  • Fixed an issue where some transactions were remaining pending and not getting completed.
  • Optimized loading times for user content.
  • Optimized loading times for web menus.
  • Fixed a caching issue that was causing image assets not to load correctly on some browsers such as Safari.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/#post-21789

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%