rF2 Tuesday August 25st 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Donington Park

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that was an epic race. I'm annoyed with my final stint, i spun about 4 times which would have cost me 2nd if Gary didn't run out of fuel :p I got pole, so i'm pleased.

great event but the track was very buggy.

unfortunately I spent most of the time diving out of LMP classes on such at tight track they were frankly way too ambitious...

it sucks that 5-10 people dont show up GT2 had only 5 drivers..while LMP2 had 11 and LMP1 had 10...

I was 4th in Q but server make something and in start I was 28, great :D
Good practice race and didn`t expect third place what came with the quiting of first ones. Hope only that next time is track better :p

Was fun apart from the fact I kept getting freezes in the race each time someone disconnected. I then had a few nVidia stopped responding moments (sorry if my car froze on anyone).

Think I hit Vodokotlic (sorry).

This is a club race, so it is a perfect opportunity to prepare for the RDLMS. I would say that GT's also have to remember that they do not have to sacrifice their line to let a LMP past. Some GT's were way too helpful letting me past, even if I hung back they would go off line when I was expecting them to keep their line.

And for the record - this is a club event, not a league event. Everyone who is a club member has the right to enter and learn how to race better (in an enviroment where they think they will get support, not slated).

My two pennies.

I will be just fine at these endurance races with this most perfect and beautiful mod as soon as i can work out fuel useage and pit strategies,or if someone tells me beforehand?... :p.

Thanks Bram and RD :good:

fantastic event yet again... there are a few wallys out there sometimes.. i hope that no one has any complaints about me and nick when lapping etc.. we tried to be as patient as possible etc.. worked quite well..

had a fantastic race with nick once we had the lead.. nick drove absolutley faultless all race and took a victory that was truly deserved.. his best ever win in my opinion.

Well done nick, proud of you mate, thanks to all who took part you all did a great job today.

Overall a frustrating event.

Another good test for the League. Donington is not a good track for it. :)
But that is where the test race is for.

Race:

Was arround 25 on the grid i think. But overall a very frustating event. Pitted 2 times but in both times Williams was in my spot. Requested a pitstop when i crossed the S/F line, but still there was someone in my place. Cost me alot of time.

Second of all, and one of the biggest. Lapping.
I won't call out any names. But it was almost impossible to drive a GT car.

- In the fast corners. Remember the GT cars need to use more track. Got one time bumped off there by John. But he has the decency to stop (even he is in a LMP car) and said sorry. :good:

- One time on the straight, a LMP car overtook me and and was next to me, but decided to throw his car to the left, so ended with the left side in the pitwall.

- Lots of times, being cut off by a LMP car, so needed to smash the brakes to avoid a touch with his back.

All these things can happen sometimes in a race, but tonight it happened almost every lap. And sorry is also appreciated.

Had also some normal laps. Sorry to Williams when he lapped me, i know you where lapping me with your GT2, but it was difficult to let you pass on a straight, with the Vette. :)

Also had one funny moment when Bram was stuck at the chicane, got him of the bump, but was for a second also stuck. Right when i was loose again i saw Bram hit his reverse, and i saw him storming to my car, but we where both loose of the bump and that what important. :good:

Thanks Bram and Ramon for setting it up, and see you at Long Beach.

Btw
Need to learn faster to brake while blipping, need some practice in that.

when a LMP back marker (who must have been getting blue flags)

I pressume you mean me, as posted elsewhere I am entitled to keep my racing line (although in some cases where the car screams up behind me I do move over).

race me and had me off going into the chicane, very poor driving.

Not to be petty but just to clear (or scorn :p) my name, ive uploaded the replay or that onto my youtube test channel;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmDgvAUwAk[/ame]

Heres how I see it (feel free to differ, its a democracy :p)

> I keep same distance to white line as I can
> You slowly edge closer to me eventually tapping me (no big deal)
> You then over react and slow+start heading left into the path of the guy you were battling with
> He clips you and you spin and then clip me.

I dont want to cause a fuss, I have nothing against you Martin, or any other person on this forum just wanted to chip in my 2 cents :soldier:

Dan.

Also thanks a million to Kevin for sharing his setup :thumbsup: a true racer!

Overall a frustrating event.

Another good test for the League. Donington is not a good track for it. :)
But that is where the test race is for.

Race:

Was arround 25 on the grid i think. But overall a very frustating event. Pitted 2 times but in both times Williams was in my spot. Requested a pitstop when i crossed the S/F line, but still there was someone in my place. Cost me alot of time.

Second of all, and one of the biggest. Lapping.
I won't call out any names. But it was almost impossible to drive a GT car.

- In the fast corners. Remember the GT cars need to use more track. Got one time bumped off there by John. But he has the decency to stop (even he is in a LMP car) and said sorry. :good:

- One time on the straight, a LMP car overtook me and and was next to me, but decided to throw his car to the left, so ended with the left side in the pitwall.

- Lots of times, being cut off by a LMP car, so needed to smash the brakes to avoid a touch with his back.

All these things can happen sometimes in a race, but tonight it happened almost every lap. And sorry is also appreciated.

Had also some normal laps. Sorry to Williams when he lapped me, i know you where lapping me with your GT2, but it was difficult to let you pass on a straight, with the Vette. :)

Also had one funny moment when Bram was stuck at the chicane, got him of the bump, but was for a second also stuck. Right when i was loose again i saw Bram hit his reverse, and i saw him storming to my car, but we where both loose of the bump and that what important. :good:

Thanks Bram and Ramon for setting it up, and see you at Long Beach.

Btw
Need to learn faster to brake while blipping, need some practice in that.

Ivo that was nick.. i was on ventrillo at the time and he got a bit confused as to where you were on the track.. he realised and was like sorry sorry.. but we didnt know if your name was longer than ivo so he didnt wanna type apologies incase it showed up lol.. im sure he will apologise soon.

Pitted 2 times but in both times Williams was in my spot.
lol, i was wondering to myself why you said my name in the chat, had no idea we shared a pit box.

No Problem, didnt cost me any time really, after i got passed you i just turned the boost up for a few laps to get a gap to Dave back up.

Ok Sorry Daniel it wasnt you that hit me, but you had plenty of oppurtunity to get out of the way of me and the other guy who were battling for 5th or 6th when you were at least a lap down on us.

@ Bram, kicking is fine, as I broke the rules. But for some of the idiots you let drive in these races, TMO won't be doing your league for sure, we are all sick of it.

Sean you and some others that have joined recently have some serious issues not following any rules here at RD. You constantly complain about everything. Have the air of the driver that knows it all and have seen it all.

I can recall the Sachsenring event where you blind enter the track after spinning of causing a dangerous situation and who complained about that? Nobody. Today you are making donuts in the pit during LMP qualy (did somebody complain about that?)

I dont know the english saying but in holland we say something like: first look at yourself before judging others.

If you and your team dont want to join thats your choice. You all drive like lightning and that is awesome so that will be missed, but the attitude wont be missed at all. Instead of letting your blood boil on every mistake that is made by others, try to relax a little and have some fun.

Not everybody has the same level. Not everybody plays this mod for months like you do (i recall you were in the betatest?)

Like i have said a million times the last weeks, if something happens file an incident report by clicking the following link and we will look at it and will take action:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=14

If you play by the rules there is no issue. But a secondary emotion to start swearing in typed words is an absolute no go (swear to your monitor and leave it with that (primary emotion)) hence the kick, after several warnings to another guy for the same kind of sayings.

Maybe its completely normal to swear about everything in the UK, i cant judge that, but its quite offensive for other players from countries where they dont do that.

We provide this racing service for players all over the world and everybody should feel safe to enter an online event. Don't forget there are also kids driving in the same race and they tend to copy behavior of people.

LMP2

Track made some serious problems. After changing sesssion game crashed. In race then at the start I was on p30 :question: LOL
Never mind. Tryed to be careful but drove like a drunken monkey :beer::monkey: lol. Spun 5-6 times and there was 2 bad freezes during c.a. 30secs one hahaha thougt race over but screen was comming back lol hope was nobody in the way there. Had only 1 little contact with other cars. A very light one with Gary:hug-right: hehe just a little tap :giggle:
Then I think I was frighten Ivo a bit driving close begind him into a fast courner... and lost it badly in the beginning overtaking Amir on the outside but comming with the right back wheel on the grass and... :woop: hello wall You let enougth room there but me :beer::monkey: hahaa

--->Race Results<---

Ivo, yes that was me on the straight. I completely lost track and site of you on the run to Turn 1. I am extremely sorry about that. I just lost my bearings completely passing you there. Sorry mate.

I had another bad performance. Sorry for getting in peoples way.

I got to the server at the end of practice due to problems at work. I had to work out a decent setup before Qually, since I forgot to save mine after practice yesterday, but I still managed to spin several times in the 16 laps I raced.

I think I waited for everyone I bumped. Sorry Ivo :(

I was having alot of problems dealing with the lighting after nightfall. They seemed to be blinking everywhere and I couldnt stay on the track, so I exited before I caused any more problems for other drivers.

Thanks for setting this up Bram and Ramon!

A really bad night.
Runtime error once during practice. Also banged straight into Amir in the practice session at full speed. You were totally invisible to me and all of a sudden you were right in my front, no chance at all to avoid it!

Q: Thought I could do it to the middle in P1 as in practice. Out on track everything felt completely strange and I spun in almost every corner!? Finally I managed to get one lap time, position 11.

R: Actually I don't know what happened in lap 1 heading for the chicane. Braked way earlier than ususal, way before the darker area but the car refused to stop, flying like a kamikaze pilot :( As I was on the inside I was just hoping that I should miss everyone. Think I cleared that mission but it was forced to be a fail. Got hit by someone, think it was Bram but the problem was all mine from the beginning. Waited until there was a gap and out on track again in place 33 or something.
Then there was fun most of the time. During pitstop I got runtime error again....

one of the most difficult races i've ever done, it was almost impossible to do a clean lap in practice...

the race itself went fine, started from 2nd place in gt1, but after about 10 laps in, p1 car overtook me, but then spun right in front of me... couldn't avoid him and hit him... that pretty much took me out of the battle for 1st in my category :( finished the race 3rd, after Gary ran out of fuel...

Mark: yes... that works great in real races, because everybody there is a pro, but not here... i was letting cars go past me easily, because after what i saw in practice, it was the better option... sacrifice time or be taken out...

i understand that not everybody is alien fast with awesome car control, but everybody can be at least careful and not crash into everybody or overtake in ridiculous places...

thanks to Bram and RD for the event, see you all next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back