rF2 Tuesday August 18th 2009 - CART Factor @ Mid-Ohio

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
ehhh shoot forgot to sign in LOL
but i did race and ofcourse got a system reboot again same **** as always.

Did download the track right before start of practice 30 min. And so i had no idea what to do. But setup improved quickly to a decent setup easy drivable. So got pole with an 0,7 sec differnce to second. Was realy surprised about this but probbably all others also just strated this mod dont know for sure.

Race i knew it wasnt possible to do 2 stops so i did a short first stint then refuled and was back on P1 with a few seconds in front of Henri after all the pitstops of others. I was a little bit quicker so possible win was heading on. But then on my second stint few laps before second stop my pc ofcourse crashed same as always as said before Getting sick of this damn pc.

Well thans guys for the short fun you gave me. Maybe see you next time a short time ;)

had good fun...qualifying was fantastic P5 really close field....got good start was running P5 then T2 spun under braking....then got phone call so had to drive while talking on phone lol....managed to coast around track while talking on phone dropped to P12...then picked up pace and pitted gained 5 positions to 8....was making good progress until I god distracted by car on side of the road and spun in T2 damaged suspension race over.

was great fun...there are lots of quick drivers and few aliens.

Tough event.

It all went terrible in Practice and Quali. Did not get a clean and good lap. This afternoon it all went well, but tonight it went very bad.

Started 14th i think.

But it all went well that was a big suprise for me. In the whole race i only spun 3 times with no damage and ended 8th in the race.. That was totally different in Practice and Q. :wink2:
Pitstops are cool because they are very short. But very difficult cars to drive had the whole race a nice battle with the back end. :D. Had also alot of understeer, i tried alot of things but couldn't get it away. But it's a new mod so we need to learn the cars.

Thanks for racing guys and see ya next time

• Niklas Rudi

This was really fun!

The car wasnt that good in qualify but managed to get 4th position. The car worked great during the race with heavy fuel load and hard tyres. Set my sights on making it with only two stops so I was short-shifting pretty much during the whole race so in the end I ended up in 2nd position which Im very happy with. Great racing with you guys, I think everyone did a splendid job out there and everyone I caught up to drove a clean race. :)

First of all big respect and thanks for the no-chat and no driving during warmup...
Tonight was an example for all other events!!! :love2:

Sorry for my annoying chat sometimes about the smoke trail etc.etc. We don't see them in reallife (except blow ups) so we don't need them here also :)
I saw a question about turning on Mechanical failures again, but we decided to turn them off for a good reason.
They are not implemented well in the game. Once you set your car on the start grid you get a random engine health to start with. Thats not fair to everyone. So you could blow your engine in 10 laps, and others 30 or never.

Grats to Henri for the win, although it was a difficult one. Once you exit the pits I could easy pass you and thought you let me unlap or so, until you were on my tail again. I quickly tried to move over again.

During the race I had 2 incidents with Martin, my excuses mate.
In the first one I was unsure what your intentions were. You drove very cool and suddenly it was blocking or trying to give me room or so. Anyway we collided. Then I met you again some time later and again the same thing. I waited a bit but you let me go, sorry again. Don't really know if its was me or you :)

Half way I decided to do an extra pitstop and refueled only 70L. With only 16mins left I did my last stop and that was a good strategy.
In the end P5 needed a splash & dash were I could just pass him on the straight. Me on warm tires, he on cold :)

Finished 5th, but started 18th due to not qualifying. Had 3 incidents, 2 with Martin (sorry) and one with Bennie. That one was funny. He spun in the tight T2 and 2 drivers could not avoid him, including me.
No problem mate, can happen anyone :)

Thanks for the good driving everyone, hope to see you again :)

PS. Ferry: why is your PC crashing?
What is exactly happening? Sudden shutdown? (power off alike?)

Had a decent first even here at race department :) Qualified 8th after finally managing to dip into the 6's in the Swift :) Used Hard tyres on the start so was at the mercy of those on Soft's and only lost one postion, some faster drivers in front had incident so I got up to 6th but then I had a moment and clipped the wall onto the pit straight.

Which then made my pitstop 30 seconds instead of the normal 12 [how do you turn off damage repair?] when the car was still handling well, same happened at my second stop so in all lost about 40seconds.

Had to short shift in the last ten minutes to make it home but crossed the line with 5L of fuel left :p Pleased with the race had a few moments with backmarkers but generally had great fun and managed to improve my time in the Swift by 1.2 seconds over the course of the session! Very happy just need to find the race consistency!

Finished 5th, but started 18th due to not qualifying. Had 3 incidents, 2 with Martin (sorry) and one with Bennie. That one was funny. He spun in the tight T2 and 2 drivers could not avoid him, including me.
No problem mate, can happen anyone :)

Thanks for the good driving everyone, hope to see you again :)
No my friend it is me the is sorry for that one ,it was a dumb move had already spun and upon reentry I stalled it,so it was all my fault really.

Good race though had a good time.

PS. Ferry: why is your PC crashing?
What is exactly happening? Sudden shutdown? (power off alike?)

When it happens and it happens a lot of times. my screen is blue with a lot of text in it/ no windows or whatever. i dont know exactly what it says. I have it already more then 3 years. Sometimes i have it a lot and then suddely a few weeks nothing. I tryed a lot of things. More cooling, different drivers fore video card. etc.. I have realy no idea. Complete reboot with new installs etc.. dont even work. the pc i only use for racing with rfactor. no other things installed on it. not even a firewall or whatever. never use email explorer or whatever on it. So to me its a complete mistery.

When i have the blue screen the only thing i can do is restart with the button on the pc. rebooting.

maybe its time for something different but i dont wanne spend money in a pc i only use for rfactor because i know video card etc... are not bad at all. So at the moment i have no idea what to do about it.

When it happens and it happens a lot of times. my screen is blue with a lot of text in it/ no windows or whatever. i dont know exactly what it says. I have it already more then 3 years. Sometimes i have it a lot and then suddely a few weeks nothing. I tryed a lot of things. More cooling, different drivers fore video card. etc.. I have realy no idea. Complete reboot with new installs etc.. dont even work. the pc i only use for racing with rfactor. no other things installed on it. not even a firewall or whatever. never use email explorer or whatever on it. So to me its a complete mistery.

When i have the blue screen the only thing i can do is restart with the button on the pc. rebooting.

maybe its time for something different but i dont wanne spend money in a pc i only use for rfactor because i know video card etc... are not bad at all. So at the moment i have no idea what to do about it.

You have the so called blue screen. Windows crash.
Sometimes the first lines can tell a lot, sometimes not.
Could you make a photo and upload it ?

Which then made my pitstop 30 seconds instead of the normal 12 [how do you turn off damage repair?] when the car was still handling well, same happened at my second stop so in all lost about 40seconds.

With you press Enter during race you cycle through the screen modes. One of them is the pitstop strategy screen.
Most of the time the damage option is out of view. Cycle to the bottom (or 1 click cursor up) and you see the damage option. Cursor left or right to change your preferred option; no damage repair/body damage/alldamage)

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back