Resource icon

Misc TT alternative weather (weathers + ppfilter) 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tomas Torasen submitted a new resource:

Evening storm (weather + ppfilter) - improved graphics

So this started as me trying to make just a pp-filter. It turned into a bit of a project which now include sweetfx addon, two weathers, ppfilter, cloud files and improved game files for sharpening and other stuff.

The thought is to make a weather to substitute all the standard AC weathers.
Evening_storm is supposed to substitute for example "heavy clouds", California_sunrise is supposed to substitute "mid clear" or "light clouds".

Saturation at 85% is recommended in the in game graphic settings.

Feel free to tweak it further and show us all the results.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I read your explanation there and I can tell you....
ok, now it seems logical to me what have you done there.
Anyway... your mod, you can do whatever you want, right? :)
Keep up. :thumbsup:

2015-10-15_00009.jpg
2015-10-15_00010.jpg

You have taken it to the next level, very impressive indeed.

2015-10-15_00014.jpg

I'm going to have to start tweaking my custom weathers now, your tweaked ppfilter and my tweaked dusk at 17:30 makes Spa just come alive. Looks like a whole new game.

Very nice screens, blackcelica! I have to try that combo! Do you run all graphic settings at max? I Think it looks even better in your screens, but might be because I'm at a work monitor checking right now.
Keep tweaking!

Very nice screens, blackcelica! I have to try that combo! Do you run all graphic settings at max? I Think it looks even better in your screens, but might be because I'm at a work monitor checking right now.
Keep tweaking!
No, although I can run at max settings, you get a better result if you turn them down a bit. The screens are with your ppfilter but with the settings as follows:
Overall effect quality = medium
Glare quality = medium
(You don't lose any effects compared to ultra but it does stop the sun and rays appearing through buildings at low sun hight times). Also:
DOF = low
Saturation = 85
Motion blur = off
Crepuscular rays = on
Heat shim = off
FXAA = off
It took me a while to get my head around turning stuff down as I love to run stuff maxed out. Honestly it looks better turned down a bit, everything else is maxed out. I also run sweetfx but only to add a bit of sharpening, no other effect.

I looked at your pics a second time at home now, blackcelica. The second picture in the foilage it looks so sharp and detailed. Do you have additional sharpening somehow or higher res textures?

I looked at your pics a second time at home now, blackcelica. The second picture in the foilage it looks so sharp and detailed. Do you have additional sharpening somehow or higher res textures?
Sweetfx for sharpening and I also edit the graphic.ini file in the systems\cfg folder, something LOD bias change to -1 for sharper image. Default is 0. I'm not at my pc at the moment so that might not be exactly right. It is definitely change to -1 though. I'll check in a bit.

Oh ok.. could you share how to get your sweetfx setup? It really seem to make a big difference.
No problem. I'll send you a link to them. As for the rest of it, it is the graphics.ini file in system\cfg folder....it reads like this. The bold bit is the bit to change.

[DX11]
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1
MIP_LOD_BIAS=-1 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.000002
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.000015
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0003
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=3.0

Will try to remember to try this, lots of potential in this filter. There are so many effects that happen in the sky that AC currently does not support that I think people forget to remember how close your filter comes to reality, albeit using Kunos' less than appealing weather coding. Weather is, at least visually since rain is a no, is in its infancy in AC, I've seen some stormy weathers with a surprising amount of sun, not all the time, but sometimes yes. Kind of bridges the gap between true storm and a storm approaching IMHO.

2015-10-16_00008.jpg

This pic is at Spa with the new clouds, I think they are too whispy (thin) for a storm.
2015-10-16_00009.jpg

This pic is back with my clouds, full and thick like storm clouds should be. I'm going to work on a mixture of the 2 as yours look amazing in different weathers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back