TS-PC racer power supply question

I managed to snag a TS-PC racer for $150 off Amazon's normal price (I got it for $350USD)

I hadn't thought about it at the time, however obviously our household voltage is different - US uses 120VAC, whereas AU uses 240VAC.

The power supply in the box has got "INPUT: 100-120VAC, 2A, 50/60Hz" written on it. Similarly, the cable that goes from the PSU to the outlet has got a big yellow sticker reading "WARNING: THIS CABLE MUST BE USED WITH 100-125V ELECTRICAL SUPPLY ONLY!". The cable also has the standard US 3-pin plug, which is obviously incompatible with our Australian outlets.

With the above in mind, am I correct in assuming it's not safe to plug in cable from the PSU to the outlet with an Australian plug?

Would the only other safe option be to buy a 240VAC to 115VAC Stepdown Transformer?

I managed to snag a TS-PC racer for $150 off Amazon's normal price (I got it for $350USD)

I hadn't thought about it at the time, however obviously our household voltage is different - US uses 120VAC, whereas AU uses 240VAC.

The power supply in the box has got "INPUT: 100-120VAC, 2A, 50/60Hz" written on it. Similarly, the cable that goes from the PSU to the outlet has got a big yellow sticker reading "WARNING: THIS CABLE MUST BE USED WITH 100-125V ELECTRICAL SUPPLY ONLY!". The cable also has the standard US 3-pin plug, which is obviously incompatible with our Australian outlets.

With the above in mind, am I correct in assuming it's not safe to plug in cable from the PSU to the outlet with an Australian plug?

Would the only other safe option be to buy a 240VAC to 115VAC Stepdown Transformer?
I'm not sure about how to fix it, but don't plug that in!!!
Voltage is the most important about a psu! With the voltage you control the resistances, the ampere, the general operation of every electrical piece in there!

When you have too big ampere on the psu, nothing happens. The wheel takes only what it needs from the psu. Too low ampere and the psu will get hot (slowly) until it melts!

But as said, the voltage is crucial!

I sadly can't help with a solution as I never had this problem before, I'm sorry!
However before you buy a Transformator (that might be quite expensive), it may be easier to just buy an allround psu with the same output as the thrustmaster, if possible higher ampere (lower temperature in the psu) and of course the same connector :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

Glad to know my thinking isn't outlandish.

Thankfully a stepdown transformer (to convert my 240VAC power to 120VAC power) is pretty inexpensive, at only $50.
Like you said, the other option might be to get a third-party power supply that is compatible with my household electricity and that provides the same (or better) output specs.

Either way, I've also sent an email to Thrustmaster support asking for advice on the matter.

Upvote 0
I would assume the ts-pc is like other tm bases where they have universal transformers in the units but they use different power cords which connect to different inputs on the transformer for either 110 or 240v, you will blow the transformer using the wrong inputs for your countries voltage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back