Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
...but it still damm good in rain;/

I had q1 q2 dry best time was 1:30 somethink and forecast for q3 was dry. I drive out and it was heavy rain. My best time was 1:47(on setup from q1 and q2) at the and of sesion and the ai 1:40 did the ai keep the setup block rule ??

Will the future update reqiued reset carrer ??

I'm currently working on making the AI worse in the rain...pretty sure this can be done via the ai_driver table in the database.

As stated in the overview, the AI uses the default setup given to you at every track. So in the rain they will typically be better since they're running higher downforce levels. I've raced the AI in the rain using the default setup for the track and the competition is in fact much closer...they're still faster than me, but it's not like I'm racing in the wet and they're racing like they're in the dry.

Future updates should not require a career reset. Once I get the wet_weather_performance in the ai_driver table working well and finish testing that, I'll save it and try to resume my Career I just started last night and see what happens.

I just had the same problem you did actually. I did manage to pass the hairpin test (I use a gamepad), but you need to get a really good exit from the corner. You'll get to 185mph just before the red braking zone. Slam on the brakes and downshift fast to bring it to a stop and pass the test
Otherwise you'll need to revert, and install all mods except the revised car performance mod...get through the driving tests, save, exit game, install revised car performance mod, resume career at race 1.

Υeap, I FINALLY made it!
Phew, that was hard man!

Hey man, are you planning to make an add-on for F1 2013 Season Mod?

Well...my ai files can be used with v1tek's 2013 mod (or any other mod for that matter). I recommend you do use my ai files because Demy's ai files still need some work in my opinion (no offense to him of course, we're all learning here :p)

The database is a different story...my database is based on Mr Pibb's 2013 mod. The issue is how Mr Pibb or v1tek has changed the GRAPHICS files for the game. For instance, if you have the default F1 2012 files installed, and install Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod, you'll see Hamilton is incredibly slow, and Perez is incredibly fast. This is because the GRAPHICS over the driver's head have been changed, but the STATISTICS for that driver were not. So you can see how the stats and the graphics need to line up in order to have the AI acting as it should.

So again, my database changes were based on the graphics changes Mr Pibb did. I'm not sure how v1tek changed his graphics, so unfortunately at this moment I can't tell if my database will work with his 2013 mod and produce race real-world results like you see with Mr Pibb's 2013 mod installed and this mod installed. I know Demy van Zoggel is working on a database for the 2013 mod with v1tek, so he'll probably get it right :)

It all boils down to how the driver graphics were changed from 2012 to a 2013 mod.
Hope that helps!

Well...my ai files can be used with v1tek's 2013 mod (or any other mod for that matter). I recommend you do use my ai files because Demy's ai files still need some work in my opinion (no offense to him of course, we're all learning here :p)

The database is a different story...my database is based on Mr Pibb's 2013 mod. The issue is how Mr Pibb or v1tek has changed the GRAPHICS files for the game. For instance, if you have the default F1 2012 files installed, and install Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod, you'll see Hamilton is incredibly slow, and Perez is incredibly fast. This is because the GRAPHICS over the driver's head have been changed, but the STATISTICS for that driver were not. So you can see how the stats and the graphics need to line up in order to have the AI acting as it should.

So again, my database changes were based on the graphics changes Mr Pibb did. I'm not sure how v1tek changed his graphics, so unfortunately at this moment I can't tell if my database will work with his 2013 mod and produce race real-world results like you see with Mr Pibb's 2013 mod installed and this mod installed. I know Demy van Zoggel is working on a database for the 2013 mod with v1tek, so he'll probably get it right :)

It all boils down to how the driver graphics were changed from 2012 to a 2013 mod.
Hope that helps!
Yeah, that's the question, thanks.
Eventually when it came out, without pressure, and you're bored..... :)

FYI guys, I just noticed RaceDepartment changed my version number from 1.1a to 1.2.
I asked why, waiting for a response....

Version 1.2 has not been released yet. Don't want there to be any confusion...

• Deleted member 137812

snthennumbers I want to thank you for letting me know two values ive had completely wrong, the "minimalseperation..." and the other one. My values where 0.25 while they were supposed to be between 5.0-20.0 I think. So thank you for that ;)

That track curvature offline line you rised, doesnt that make the AI run wide on some corners?

snthennumbers I want to thank you for letting me know two values ive had completely wrong, the "minimalseperation..." and the other one. My values where 0.25 while they were supposed to be between 5.0-20.0 I think. So thank you for that ;)

That track curvature offline line you rised, doesnt that make the AI run wide on some corners?
I've been testing this mod and that is evident. AI run wide too often for me.

I'm currently working on making the AI worse in the rain...pretty sure this can be done via the ai_driver table in the database.

As posted by Keith Windsor some time ago here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rain-glich.63495/#post-1350563

you can also play with the mapping ai_variable="wet_weather_ability" characteristic="wet_weather_ability" variables too, in ai_driver_parameter_mappings.xml. It seems to make the AI more prudent on turns under rain condition, at the very least.

Hi there, thanks for this Mod i appreciate it. I have noticed though that the AI are running wide on many turns throughout various corners on most tracks. I see you have been told of this and you are in the process of updating this ,so thanks.

2:15am ...still working on v1.3 must...sleeeeeppp

Current issues:
-getting the AI to "be brave" and actually attempt overtaking, rather than backing out - this is proving difficult
-getting AI to follow player's car down a straight so as to maintain the draft
-minimizing rear ending

For now if you guys want, just open the ai_driver_config.xml file and change the following:
<trTrackCurveOfflineRatio float --> change to 0.6

More to come after work tomorrow...

Great work, snthennumbers! I like your mod, in combination with Mr Pibbs 2013 season mod and the other mods that you recommend. But I have an issue. I started a new career with Williams, and I am way too fast in Intermediate AI. I always get on the top-three on Qualifying and the same in the race. But when I go to Profesional AI, they are 4 to 5 seconds faster than me, and I get on the 18-19 place on the grid, very unrealistic for a Williams.
I know that I have this issue because Codemasters upgraded the Professional AI level, to be closer to Legend AI. I have used the semi-pro mod in the past, but now I have to use your database, whitch is actually very realistic, in terms of drivers. They are close to the real drivers.
Do you know what should I do, and if I can fix that?

Great work, snthennumbers! I like your mod, in combination with Mr Pibbs 2013 season mod and the other mods that you recommend. But I have an issue. I started a new career with Williams, and I am way too fast in Intermediate AI. I always get on the top-three on Qualifying and the same in the race. But when I go to Profesional AI, they are 4 to 5 seconds faster than me, and I get on the 18-19 place on the grid, very unrealistic for a Williams.
I know that I have this issue because Codemasters upgraded the Professional AI level, to be closer to Legend AI. I have used the semi-pro mod in the past, but now I have to use your database, whitch is actually very realistic, in terms of drivers. They are close to the real drivers.
Do you know what should I do, and if I can fix that?
You can open both this database and the one provided in the semi pro mod with Ryders tool. Then cut the track difficulty values from the semi pro DB and paste in to the one. Save it and you are done. You can even tweak the difficulty further now you know where the settings are :)

snthennumbers updated True to Life AI with a new update entry:

Bug fixes & rain performance adjusted

Version 1.3 Release notes:
Fixed an issue where the AI was going too wide exiting corners (see <trTrackOfflineCurveRatio description in the overview)

Adjusted rain performance for all difficulty levels - AI should be slower now in the wet. There still remains the issue of the AI being too fast on slicks when the rain first starts...not sure how to correct that. But at least now when the AI switches tyres to inters or wets, they'll be slower.

Rear ending issues should be further reduced....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, i have try this mod with MR.Pibbs 2013 mod and now i have all drivers wrong.... Why??? Can someone help me with this error? See the pics above

mod_snnumbers1.jpg

mod_snnumbers2.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%