Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can I ask you three things?

1. Could you tell me if the "Realistic Damage v3.0" by Cromiel and "Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0" mods can also be used along with your True AI mod and all the others that you have mentioned as compatible?
Yes you can install both of those mods along with my mod. Realistic Damage 3.0 is just the loose_parts_settings.xml file, so use that instead of my loose_parts file if you so choose. The track/pitstand packs from Mr. Pibbs can be installed without any issue. I have those installed myself with no issues.

2. If I get it right, your mod replaces the "Realism v3.1" mod by Demy van Zoggel?
That is correct. However my database does not include scaled tyre wear like in Demy's Mod. To include scaled tyre wear with my mod, you'll need to open MY database and change the following to match what DEMY's database has:
"f1teams" table --> front and rear_tyre_wear values for each team to match Demy's
"track_tyre_wear_level" table --> change values to match Demy's

"tyres" table --> Demy may have changed values for each tyre type in this table, I can't remember. But check this table too to be safe and compare to Demy's database

3. Can we use, if we like, the newer skins for cars, interiors, circuits etc with the combination of Mr Pibbs mods, your "True to Life AI" mod and all the other compatible mods?
Yes, this mod does not include any graphical updates, so this mod can be installed alongside virtually any other mod. However, as stated in the full description, the included database.bin file is ONLY to be used if you have Mr Pibb's 2013 mod installed. Read why here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/database-for-mr-pibbs-2013-mod.66176/

So, my feedback for these mod is not so good, and i hope you can forgive me. I've only installed your ai- and decals-folder, and test it in carreer mode, 3rd Saison, 50% length and on professional.

In trainig-session (i drive in Ferrari, track was China) my time was 1:41, and all others were 5-6 sec slower than me. In Q1 and Q2 the same, but in Q3 all cars suddenly drive with 1:39 - 1:38.

Maybe it's wrong that i use another Database ??? (Demys Real Database, because i use 12 Teams and i want do not change that;))

What do you think ?

So, my feedback for these mod is not so good, and i hope you can forgive me. I've only installed your ai- and decals-folder, and test it in carreer mode, 3rd Saison, 50% length and on professional.

In trainig-session (i drive in Ferrari, track was China) my time was 1:41, and all others were 5-6 sec slower than me. In Q1 and Q2 the same, but in Q3 all cars suddenly drive with 1:39 - 1:38.

Maybe it's wrong that i use another Database ??? (Demys Real Database, because i use 12 Teams and i want do not change that;))

What do you think ?

That is a bit odd isn't it...
I do know that grip levels for the track go up for each session p1, q1, q2, q3, race, so that's where some of the AI's speed increase comes from. The AI will also typically use harder tyre compounds during p1 and q1. As you progress from p1, to q1, to q2, and then to q3 you'll see some teams on prime tyres, and some on option tyres. By q3 everyone left is on option tyres. I also believe that if you do a full race weekend (aka with full qualifying q1, q2, & q3) that the cars in q3 drive on mix 3 fuel. I'm not 100% sure on this however...but it would make sense as this is probably what they do in real life.

I agree though, that I'm usually much faster in practice than the AI.

Using Demy's database shouldn't cause any issues while using my AI & decal files. There is no direct association or dependencies between database and the AI files. The AI files simply say "the AI will drive like [this] given a certain situation...overtaking, blocking, drafting, etc). Whereas the database controls numerous other aspects of the game.

Try doing a quick race at China, but with a quick qualifying session (aka just one 15 minute qualifying session instead of q1, q2, and q3) and see if the AI is running near 1:45:xxx or if they're down closer to 1:39:xxx and let me know!

@ snthennumbers
Wow, that was a really fast and easy to understand answer, thanks a lot!

That's great then, since I will finally be able to have the combination I wanted, which will be the following:

-Mr Pibbs 2013
-Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0
-Competitive Braking
-Revised Car Performance
-Safety Car Fix (just the tracks folder from there)
-Realistic Damage (the loose_parts file I prefer)
-Mechanical effects and problems
-True to Life AI
-Your database.bin file, with Demy's values for enabling tyre wear
-New skins for cars, tracks, interiors and possibly helmets

Man, I am really looking forward to seeing the result of that combination!

You see, I had already combined Competitive Braking Mod + Revised Car Performance + Safety Car Fix + Realistic Damage + Realism 3.1 (with the necessary editing at the database.bin file of that mod for the SC values) + Mechanical effects and problems + new skins for cars and circuits, and I was really looking for a way to have drivers and teams as they appear in 2013. Also, your AI mod sounds incredibly interesting and I want to compare it to the Realism 3.1 mod!

Will test it tonight then! ;)

And if everything is O.K, I will start looking for a good weather and effects mod....

Sorry for asking too many things, but I am an editor in a Greek PC gaming site and I am planning of making a detailed article about F1 2012 modding, so your help -and work of course- is really much appreciated...! :)

Also, your AI mod sounds incredibly interesting and I want to compare it to the Realism 3.1 mod!
Will test it tonight then! ;)

Please let me know what you think after comparing to the AI in the Realism 3.1 mod :D

Sorry for asking too many things, but I am an editor in a Greek PC gaming site and I am planning of making a detailed article about F1 2012 modding, so your help -and work of course- is really much appreciated...! :)

Glad to see my work is useful! Thanks!!

Can I ask you three things?

1. Could you tell me if the "Realistic Damage v3.0" by Cromiel and "Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0" mods can also be used along with your True AI mod and all the others that you have mentioned as compatible?

2. If I get it right, your mod replaces the "Realism v3.1" mod by Demy van Zoggel?

3. Can we use, if we like, the newer skins for cars, interiors, circuits etc with the combination of Mr Pibbs mods, your "True to Life AI" mod and all the other compatible mods?
I can try to help you:
1. "Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0" will work with database from True AI mod. "Realistic Damage v3.0" will overwrite loose_parts file from True AI mod, so that is your personal setting(use what you like).;)

2. Both are AI mods, and use similar(same:)) files. Yes, it replaces Demy's mod.

3. Those are graphic mods and they should all be compatible with True AI and Mr Pibbs, you just have to be careful because some files from "Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0" and other graphic mods can be replaced.

The way I do this, I make new folder and than copy files and folders that I want in it(with folder paths as in game folder, cars/fe2/... or database/database,bin). Than I just install that folder with mod manager.:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just saw answer was already there.:roflmao:

Here a the Result's of quick-quali in China. Think it work's perfect.

Snap_2013.04.01_18h52m01s_0011.jpg

i use Competitive Braking Mod 1.1v(without reduce grip) + Revised Car Performance + Safety Car Fix to this mod in carrer short weekend in malesia on profesional level= q2 first place ai 1:36:527 q3 first place ai 1:37:785 wear shouldn't ai be the fastest in q3( i dont renember the time but in austrialia ai was slower 1 sec to compare to q2)
edit:
i heck ai in australia pola position of ai was 1:32:856 and the best lap of race 1:32:807- i drive 25% lenght

i use Competitive Braking Mod 1.1v(without reduce grip) + Revised Car Performance + Safety Car Fix to this mod in carrer short weekend in malesia on profesional level= q2 first place ai 1:36:527 q3 first place ai 1:37:785 wear shouldn't ai be the fastest in q3( i dont renember the time but in austrialia ai was slower 1 sec to compare to q2)
edit:
i heck ai in australia pola position of ai was 1:32:856 and the best lap of race 1:32:807- i drive 25% lenght

A bit hard to understand, but were you using dynamic weather settings for the career race in Malaysia? I think in career mode weather is forced to be dynamic...
Anyway, if the weather was dynamic, track temperature can affect lap times. So if the track cooled down for instance, you may see slightly slower times in q3 than in q2.

Here a the Result's of quick-quali in China. Think it work's perfect.

View attachment 37482

Glad to hear it! I'm going to be releasing a version 1.1 of this mod shortly which makes the drivers perform even more realistically (for instance Perez is still way too fast, Rosberg should be faster, Gutierrez should be slower a bit...etc etc). I need to finalize settings in the database first but v1.1 should be up in another day or 2.

Also working on further reducing the AI crashing into the back of the car ahead

I just end the malysia gp and the best ai time was ( it was sunny and 25C all the time, professional ai level, shor weekend with full qualifications)
q2 1:36:527
q3 1:37:785
race best lap 1:37:703

the ai slowing in q3, the same issue i had in australia i will test it more tomorow and i will try a full weekend

Glad to hear it! I'm going to be releasing a version 1.1 of this mod shortly which makes the drivers perform even more realistically (for instance Perez is still way too fast, Rosberg should be faster, Gutierrez should be slower a bit...etc etc). I need to finalize settings in the database first but v1.1 should be up in another day or 2.

Also working on further reducing the AI crashing into the back of the car ahead
Sounds good. Will try if it's released !:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just end the malysia gp and the best ai time was ( it was sunny and 25C all the time, professional ai level, shor weekend with full qualifications)
q2 1:36:527
q3 1:37:785
race best lap 1:37:703

the ai slowing in q3, the same issue i had in australia i will test it more tomorow and i will try a full weekend

Did your lap times change from q2 to q3 as well like AI's did? Or did you set the same time in both sessions?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%