Resource icon

Misc True to Life AI 2013 Season 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
HI i have a couple of question:
1.What is a instalation order with all extra recomended mods?
2. Is there a some extra conditions to work mod propetly for example: play a full weekend, dont use flashback etc. ??

HI i have a couple of question:
1.What is a instalation order with all extra recomended mods?
2. Is there a some extra conditions to work mod propetly for example: play a full weekend, dont use flashback etc. ??

1. The installation order does not matter for the recommended mods. Just pay attention to exactly what to install from each (found in the full description of this mod). Install my mod last to be safe.
2. No special conditions. Just go and race whatever style you like. Flashbacks will still cause AI to have issues, as always, so use those sparingly.

end session/skip session.
no, not a single one in about +25 sessions.

Did you install the ai_choreographer file?

Here's results from a dynamic weather light/heavy rain race in Canada I just did...was a hell of a race between Kimi, Rosberg, and myself as Alonso :D

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Numbers, have you noticed that the speed in and out values in the database make a huge difference to your mod?

Yes, those values can make significant changes to individual drivers. However I find that control and virtual performance also have equal effects. Mistakes has an effect too, however I believe that control counteracts the mistakes somewhat. Basically how well/quickly they recover from small mistakes.

From there you move on to changing values in ai_engine_power_per_tier table and/or changing a team's tier level in the f1teams table

Hi is the mod low maximum the speed(i dont copie database i want 2012 season) ? I have i problem I've started the academy and i cant get enoguht speed in 2 test (this with 1 corner and flashback) with ferrari. I try with keybord with all asists on but the effect was the same

Hi is the mod low the speed ? I have i problem I've started the academy and i cant get enoguht speed in 2 test (this with 1 corner and flashback) with ferrari. I try with keybord but the effect was the same
I had same problem before. Do you have performance mod? If you do, remove it so you can pass all tests, than put him back.:thumbsup:
snthennumbers: nice mod.:thumbsup:

ok thanks. Did the perfomance mod change the a car a lot ? I ask cuz i afraid that the setups from racedepartament will reguest a lot of change or is it a nesseray to change only 7th gear

edit:
Did perfomance mod is absolutly nessesary ?? What will be wrong if i dont install him ???
And one more question did this mod is compatybilty with any 2013 mod or only with mr pibb's

Thanks for that info Sasha Jednak

In the description I have listed recommended mods for the game to use alongside this mod. None of those are necessary in order to use this AI mod. However, as stated, the database is only to be used if you have Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod.

The ai files for this mod are compatible with any version of F1 2012 - whether you have a 2013 mod installed or not.

So if you want to use the included database, install Mr. Pibb's 2013 mod first, then install my mod.
The other recommended mods can be installed in any order.

Alright guys, I need a little feedback.
First off, any issues with the mod?

Now, more importantly:
I'm going to be attempting to correct the issue where the player seems to be notably faster on specific tracks for no apparent reason.

This will essentially be an update to the Revised Car Performance mod by Johnny Dangerously which he has graciously allowed me to use and repost :D
Despite being a fantastic mod, I found 2 issues still remained:
1.) The increase in front grip I feel caused an imbalance in the car, making you feel overly confident in the front end grip, but rear grip was lacking (despite the values in the CTF files not having been changed). Increasing rear downforce and lowering spring stiffness in the rear of the car can help with this, but overall I found this lead to the car feeling consistently imbalanced as you're constantly trying to compensate for higher front grip than rear, rather than having equal grip front and rear to start with. I've raised both AI and Player grip as follows:
Revised Car Performance grip levels for all tracks (Player and AI): Front: 1.05 Rear: 1.1
My grip levels for AI for all tracks: Front: 1.05 Rear 1.15
My grip levels for Player for most tracks: Front 1.05 Rear 1.15

2.) This issue occurred even without the Revised Performance Mod installed, and this is where I need feedback. It seems to me that there are a small handful of tracks where the player is notably faster than the AI, seemingly for no reason.
What I've done to test this, is to do races with the default setup given to you for that particular track. The AI uses the default setup at every track, so if I qualify and race with the default setup, I shouldn't be able to create a huge time gap in qualifying or the race (within reason of course). My rule of thumb was that if I could create a time gap in qualifying of 0.4 or 0.5 seconds or more (using a tier 1 car...Ferrari, McLaren, Redbull) without trying all that hard, the track was deemed as needing attention. I chose to rule out factoring in car setups because everyone sets their car up differently. Using the default setup given to you allows me to have a consistent base starting point for each individual track.

So far, the tracks I've found where the player seems to have an unfair advantage, despite using the same setup as the AI, with the same grip levels as the AI are:
Hockenheim
Canada
Abu Dhabi

So for instance at Canada, my AI has grip levels of Front: 1.05 Rear 1.15. I'm using Front: 1.0 Rear 1.113 and I find this leads to far closer laptimes to what the AI does, rather than me running a 1:12:xxx or 1:13:xxx and the AI runs a 1:14:xxx

My question is:
What tracks do you find you're way too fast at?

Can I ask you three things?

1. Could you tell me if the "Realistic Damage v3.0" by Cromiel and "Mr Pibbs 2013 Track and Pitstand Pack v1.0" mods can also be used along with your True AI mod and all the others that you have mentioned as compatible?

2. If I get it right, your mod replaces the "Realism v3.1" mod by Demy van Zoggel?

3. Can we use, if we like, the newer skins for cars, interiors, circuits etc with the combination of Mr Pibbs mods, your "True to Life AI" mod and all the other compatible mods?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%