Trucks feel like I am driving on ice?

Maybe its my old Logitech Wingman FF GP wheel (or i am just useless!), but i can't get around a lap without under-steering off into the grass, or doing a 360 under acceleration. Have similar issues in the Rallycross Lancer, whereas the "circuit" cars like the MetalMoro and F3 are pretty decent.
Have tried to persevere and practice, but its next to impossible !!!...Would setup changes make significant differences ? ...thanks

Just think what those trucks are. The mass is higher above the ground on super soft suspension, meaning those trucks are extremely affected by weight transfer. Combined with insane 'Murica!! power in the engine it should be clear that you need to drive them very softly.

Though I am able to drive those beasts without having the feeling they're on ice, I would love to see further development of the Formula Truck game. Maybe a few physics updates here and there - just like GSCE/AMS cars are getting periodically (last FT update is already 1 year old). Not to mention graphics revamp, for example to match Automobilista standards :sneaky::inlove:

If OP is referring to Supertrucks then the reason they understeer is because they're HORRIBLE racing cars from the perspective of someone wanting to drive fast around the track with maximum grip. That's why they're great. Robbie Gordon apparently created them specifically to create a series focused around driver skill rather than teams paying for better cars that are objectively faster. So the trucks are trying to kill you, they're meant to. Its about taming a beast literally.

For Rallycross its understeering because its AWD. That's a normal feature of that type of car. Learn to deal with it. AWD has its advantages too.

My problem is :
1) When at straight line I press full throttle ,I can't see anything especially AI Opponent. I can see only the sky.

2) Problem with jump I don't know how to jump properly. Supertruck will not landing in the correct angle. Can I correct angle when car fly in the air?

1) Don't put the pedal to the floor, be gentle on the throttle… :p

2) Lift the throttle entering the ramp, Supertruck should fly and land more horizontally. When you're in the air, accelerating should move up the nose, braking move it down… But I must admit this part is too tricky for me! :D

I really don't master them but like many said, you really have to accelerate slowly, brake early, turn gently. It is all about being smooth and try to limit the weight transfers. Ais are doing mistakes too, you'll pass them by being more consistent but not necessarily faster!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%