• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Trojan in Content Manager?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by pete82, Jun 20, 2017.

1. pete82

pete82

Ratings:
    +3
    My Kaspersky says there is PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic in Content Manager. It's false?

2. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +319
    Same reports here when I'm trying to create previews :cautious:

3. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,198
    It's been well-discussed in the CM thread @ the official forum. False positives happen with the software sometimes. (My Norton has never said a thing about it but it seems like a lot of people using Kaspersky get the alarm.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +221
    I'm still using Norton ... but not for long any more ( after +- 20 years Symantec use )
    And that's surely the same problem with Kaspersky and some other security suites. ... it seems they cannot make a difference between a real Trojan Gen8 ( Name in Norton ) and some processes present in some softwares.

The only solution is ... report it as false positive ... and each time I did ( 3 times ) ... it was well a false positive.

This problem happened with Rfactor2 - Automobilista - Fanaleds ( some other had even problems with MSI tools ).
    But the problem is never finally settled ... a new update always recreated the same problem ( even if the concerned .exe files were excluded from analysis ).

I understand it's a safety modus operandi ... but it seems ridiculous they didn't find yet a system to make a difference between the real Trojan and a false positive: this problem touches too many software editors who surely have no interest to include Trojans in their softwares ... they are clever enough to avoid such a mistake !
    It's time to make a difference between prudence and paranoia ( the style: it looks like but as safety professionals we're not clever enough to find the difference !!! :( ).

• Like Like x 1