• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Trojan in Content Manager?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by pete82, Jun 20, 2017.

1. pete82

pete82

Ratings:
    +3
    My Kaspersky says there is PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic in Content Manager. It's false?

2. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +325
    Same reports here when I'm trying to create previews :cautious:

3. aphidgod

aphidgod
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,280
    It's been well-discussed in the CM thread @ the official forum. False positives happen with the software sometimes. (My Norton has never said a thing about it but it seems like a lot of people using Kaspersky get the alarm.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +238
    I'm still using Norton ... but not for long any more ( after +- 20 years Symantec use )
    And that's surely the same problem with Kaspersky and some other security suites. ... it seems they cannot make a difference between a real Trojan Gen8 ( Name in Norton ) and some processes present in some softwares.

The only solution is ... report it as false positive ... and each time I did ( 3 times ) ... it was well a false positive.

This problem happened with Rfactor2 - Automobilista - Fanaleds ( some other had even problems with MSI tools ).
    But the problem is never finally settled ... a new update always recreated the same problem ( even if the concerned .exe files were excluded from analysis ).

I understand it's a safety modus operandi ... but it seems ridiculous they didn't find yet a system to make a difference between the real Trojan and a false positive: this problem touches too many software editors who surely have no interest to include Trojans in their softwares ... they are clever enough to avoid such a mistake !
    It's time to make a difference between prudence and paranoia ( the style: it looks like but as safety professionals we're not clever enough to find the difference !!! :( ).

• Like Like x 1