Trojan in Content Manager?

I'm still using Norton ... but not for long any more ( after +- 20 years Symantec use )
And that's surely the same problem with Kaspersky and some other security suites. ... it seems they cannot make a difference between a real Trojan Gen8 ( Name in Norton ) and some processes present in some softwares.

The only solution is ... report it as false positive ... and each time I did ( 3 times ) ... it was well a false positive.

This problem happened with Rfactor2 - Automobilista - Fanaleds ( some other had even problems with MSI tools ).
But the problem is never finally settled ... a new update always recreated the same problem ( even if the concerned .exe files were excluded from analysis ).

I understand it's a safety modus operandi ... but it seems ridiculous they didn't find yet a system to make a difference between the real Trojan and a false positive: this problem touches too many software editors who surely have no interest to include Trojans in their softwares ... they are clever enough to avoid such a mistake !
It's time to make a difference between prudence and paranoia ( the style: it looks like but as safety professionals we're not clever enough to find the difference !!! :( ).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%