Triple Screens and Dynhud

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
I have read in a few places that there is a problem with Dynhud and triple screens. I set it up and in non-multiview mode it shows perfectly as I built it in the Editor. When I switch to Mutlview all the widgets slap to the center screen. I have tried the both pix and percentage mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, I think you may be right Reiza is being pretty silent on this one. Nothing anywhere on it. A little frustrating as neither of the two main huds for rfactor, Dynhud or Gid are working for me. Not a big deal. Hopefully one will be crankin' soon.

To get a better idea, with what do you use it? FWIW, I don't have any button boxes, only have a G27.
I have a cheap 7 inch android tablet, works great, little tricky to setup. It does not help with things like track map, standings and delta, still need dynhud for those but great for speed gears, brakes etc.

I actually have 3 x 7inch tablets, one has tire and brake info , one has Speedo and timing and the other is a button box using freeware roccat software which is simply awesome http://www.roccat.org/en-AU/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

they look like this
20160608_182155_zps9lxdmlto.jpg

Last edited:
I have a cheap 7 inch android tablet, works great, little tricky to setup. It does not help with things like track map, standings and delta, still need dynhud for those but great for speed gears, brakes etc.

I actually have 3 x 7inch tablets, one has tire and brake info , one has Speedo and timing and the other is a button box using freeware roccat software which is simply awesome http://www.roccat.org/en-AU/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

they look like this
20160608_182155_zps9lxdmlto.jpg
Cool! Dang, power grid doesn't seem to work on iPads, only iPhone.

I have read in a few places that there is a problem with Dynhud and triple screens. I set it up and in non-multiview mode it shows perfectly as I built it in the Editor. When I switch to Mutlview all the widgets slap to the center screen. I have tried the both pix and percentage mode. Any help would be appreciated.

I finally got my third monitor a couple of days ago and set up triples last night. I messed around and seem to have gotten the DynHud stuff working, for me at least.

The odd thing for me was that I had things set up for a single screen and when I went for triples, the widgets that were on the far left of the one monitor and far right to the other. The only thing I had on the center screen were the start lights and my delta bar.

I was able to get the widgets to where I wanted them. I looked at the readme file and did what they said to add a new resolution for the editor. I went in game with the triple screens and took a screenshot. Renamed the screenshot background_5760x1200.jpg. Created a folder in <game_dir>/plugins/DynHud/editor/backgrounds/Triple and moved the screenshot there. Opened up the editor and clicked on background (no widgets selected) and on the right menu I changed the folder from the Reiza T-Cam to the Triple folder. On the resolutions folder up top I now had the option for choosing the screenshot.

I was having trouble moving the widgets around until I changed the x and y from % to pixels. and things seem to be working fine for me. I probably should post a screenshot of what I was able to get.

Here are the screens:
This is with one monitor the way I had it set up originally:
lZqvYei.jpg

This is using the same overlay.ini as above on triples:

OpUggJi.jpg

This is after messing around with the editor as mentioned in the previous post. The stuff on the left is on the left monitor, the tire/fuel stuff is on the right monitor. The rest are on the middle monitor.

rhHVuos.jpg

Since I am a triple screen noob....I am guessing I was able to move things around because I didn't have the settings on multiview. I just tried it on multiview and got the same thing as you did.

Ignore anything I said previously :).

Since I am a triple screen noob....I am guessing I was able to move things around because I didn't have the settings on multiview. I just tried it on multiview and got the same thing as you did.

Ignore anything I said previously :).
Yup hit it on the head Fred, multiview=all widgets in the middle.

What do you think of triples so far Fred?

What do you think of triples so far Fred?

Takes a little bit of getting used to, especially if I set my FOV where it *should* be. I've been running AMS previously on the default setting and it may be a little bit too far back. I was driving round Bathurst and those walls just seem so close! I'm having trouble figuring out how close they are also. It will take a bit of getting used to though. With my GTX760, I was getting around 55-60fps and I think I would like it a bit higher. I haven't changed any of the detail settings so it is pretty maxxed out right now. Just wondering how long I can hold out before getting a new vid card....need to see how prices change when all of the new cards come out.

@JeffL Ya I did a little more searching and ran across a thread and there was teeth gnashing about "no you're not in mutiview" "yes I am I checked this" "no you're not!" stuff.

Been spending too much time reading on how to set things up than actually firing up the sim to see how it is.

Takes a little bit of getting used to, especially if I set my FOV where it *should* be. I've been running AMS previously on the default setting and it may be a little bit too far back. I was driving round Bathurst and those walls just seem so close! I'm having trouble figuring out how close they are also. It will take a bit of getting used to though. With my GTX760, I was getting around 55-60fps and I think I would like it a bit higher. I haven't changed any of the detail settings so it is pretty maxxed out right now. Just wondering how long I can hold out before getting a new vid card....need to see how prices change when all of the new cards come out.

@JeffL Ya I did a little more searching and ran across a thread and there was teeth gnashing about "no you're not in mutiview" "yes I am I checked this" "no you're not!" stuff.

Been spending too much time reading on how to set things up than actually firing up the sim to see how it is.
Lol I run the same, tripples on a 760, the little gfx card that could!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%