Triple screen worth it?

I am debating whether to splash out and have 3x 24" monitors or should I stay with my one 32" screen.

Is triple screen that much better?

I play Assetto corsa, Iracing, stock car extreme on P.C but I also play on my xbox one which can only be one screen.

Also is my graphics card meaty enough for triple screens? I have an Amd 7950 3gb, I am not looking to get ultra settings, but on lowish settings get a minimum of 30+ fps or even 60 fps.

I'd like to know people's experience and advice on the matter, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on 3 x U2312HM [...]
The problem for me with these monitors is ghosting so now looking at all the other options out there.

Yeah, 8 mS GtG will have ghosting. Good IPS panels at 4-5 mS are tolerable, lower is better provided you don't lose too much image quality.

With a GTX 1070 and triple monitors, you're best off sticking to 5760x1080 at 60-75 Hz or going VR. More pixels will require a better card if you don't want to turn down the settings, just like the situation you were in with the GTX 970.

Upvote 0
Sadly, no, it doesn't stop, LOL! I'm controlling my impulses and just waiting for the next video card performance upgrade before stepping away from 5760x1080 on 27" 60 Hz monitors... it's either that or take the hit on input lag and get some 40+" TVs now.

Upvote 0
Sadly, no, it doesn't stop, LOL! I'm controlling my impulses and just waiting for the next video card performance upgrade before stepping away from 5760x1080 on 27" 60 Hz monitors... it's either that or take the hit on input lag and get some 40+" TVs now.

The immersion and experience on Triple TVs would be sick, but 144hz has to be awesome as well. Its a pretty tough decision.

Upvote 0
Hello I have 3Benq 27" and I have never played with one monitor since I got them, I like it much better.

You are aware of cars that are right beside you, there are some drivers that just go for the apex without looking and with the extra screens its difficult not to see or be aware of the cars.

A lot more immersion into any game with better sense of space or areas.

Field of View (FOV) in my opinion is difficult to set unless you go for huge screens with one monitor is the same or worse, I tried oculus rift and that is an amazing FOV it just put you inside the car but I haven't got one because resolution is bad and eyes get tired.

About the FPS don't know, the only thing to consider is Iracing is more of a mix between graphics card and processor, RAM, while the other racing titles like Assetto Corsa are more graphics card oriented to get higher frames.

Upvote 0
Does Assetto Corsa have a maximum total resolution? If I wanted to put 3x 2160p next to each other, would that work (assuming I have enough graphics power)?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years