1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

triple screen with wide screen?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Oops, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Oops

Premium Member

Hello all,
    I used to have triple monitors (3 x17" dell monitors) but I changed back to a single Lg 34" widescreen @ 3440x1440, because I play forza 6 and some fps on the xbox one which is great, but I miss the triple screen setup and the wrap around feeling you only get with the two screens in your peripheral vision for racing on the pc, so I was wondering if there is any way I could add a couple of monitors at each side of the wide screen for when I'm racing on the pc, I did try and add two of the 17" dell's in a vertical position but I couldn't get it to work and the difference in picture quality was very poor.
    So is there any monitors I could add that would complement the lg?
  2. Some IPS monitor that are close to 1440 horizontal and AMD GPU for making them act as one desktop/screen, than you can group them properly. nVidia surround cannot do this yet, only with monitors of the same aspect ratio.
    Closest thing would be 1600x1200 - 20" inch monitor tilted.
    But those are a bit niche products, sometimes more expensive than a much bigger screen.
    I once found 2 eizo's IPS screens in that size, 2nd hand for 100,- euro each.
    So search the internet a bit for that, can save you a lot of money.
  3. Oops

Premium Member

Thanks Richard,
    I guess I'll just have to wait until I find a couple of monitors that suit like the ones you suggest (even then I will have no way of knowing if they will match my 34 :( ) or I suppose I could try something like an oculus rift but then I'd worry about motion sickness which I sometimes suffer from.
  4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You could buy another 2 34's?
  5. Oops

Premium Member

I'd love to but don't have the room or the money lol
    I only have enough room for a couple of 17"-20" monitors I have my cockpit sitting in an alcove :)
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  6. Oops

Premium Member

Is there any software out there that lets flip the picture on the monitor by 90 degrees
  7. Your videocards control panel
  8. Oops

Premium Member

9. Hello, sorry for my bad english, I seek two screens for a triple screen . I think http://www.ebay.com/itm/371297051618 choose this model , it fits perfectly with the 34 " . have you looked at the wiki for plp size compatibility ? try to find a picture of the triple screen nicholas chong with two screens in 15.4. He has a triple screen with 27" 16/9 2560x1440 (= 34" 21/9) with 2 15.4 1440x900 lcd monitors. I think do the same choice for my setup

Attached Files:

10. Oops

Premium Member

Thanks for the reply Bouib, but I'm not sure what you mean,I'm afraid that I'm not that up on the tech involved, but I must say I do like Nicholas Chong's screen setup, I would love something like that :)