F1 2012 Triple Screen Fail

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Am I the only one that has problems with Codemaster titles? I'd really like to solve this, I bailed out on Dirt3, but just bought F1 2012 and would like to get it working. My wheel/pedals aren't working either, but let's start with monitors.

The game is appearing in a single window, and maximized, it only consumes one monitor. I'm using NVidia Surround and iRacing and other titles work fine.

Certainly, I realize there are no visible menus within the app, so I find the hardware_settings_config.xml and try to adjust the resolution from 800x600 to 5760x1080. That doesn't work. I peruse the hardware_settings_options.xml and notice the enumerated options, one where 'aspect' could be 16:10, try it, no luck.

I dig and remember that alt + enter formerly worked, no luck, all screens go black then it returns to a single monitor.

So, after much frustration and digging on my own, I turn to you good people for help. Any tips? Because I haven't found others with this problem.

I have merged your threads to keep it all your problems together.

I have also adjusted your thread title slightly to reflect this ... :)
Respectfully Graham, they seem like the very definition of different "topics". I don't think the two are related and it would likely be valuable for others to find the topic on wheel/pedals without the information for monitors, and vice versa. I don't mean to be argumentative; I've also moderated before and the combination of threads seems to mix things up instead of provide greater clarity.

The official response from Codemasters is that it is not supported. I'm not going to bother trying the solution because my wheels/pedals are a no go.

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2012.

Unfortunately the game does not fully support multi-monitor setups. We can take a look at your PC configuration, if you wish, to see if anything stands out, but we cannot guarantee that the game will work on a three monitor setup I'm afraid.

Can you run a file called DXDIAG from your hard disc and provide us with the information from this.

To do this with Windows XP click on START then RUN.
Now type DXDIAG and click OK.

For Windows Vista or 7; click on Start and then start typing DXDIAG in the 'Start Search' box and then press Enter.

This will display the DirectX Diagnostics screen.

To send the information, simply click on the button "Save all information" and save it as a text file. All you need to do then is, attach the file you saved to the email with a description of the problem you were experiencing.

If you are unsure of this procedure, please see the link below for more detailed instructions:

Windows 7/Vista:
http://***********/6r46xt8

Windows XP
http://***********/covcbj3

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

Not having much luck are you? :thumbsdown:

There are players that have triple screen working well. I guess so much depends on your setup. I have only 2 screens and never tied 3, so I can't help, other maybe able to.

However, considering you are having no luck with you pedals/wheel also, you've got a challenge on your hands, only you can decide if it's worth the effort. Personally I hate trying to find workarounds for a single game, when all other games work fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%