• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

triple monitor video

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by jwwindy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. jwwindy

jwwindy

Ratings:
    +0
    Is R3E capable of triple monitor video play?

2. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Short answer, yes.

3. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    Longer answer, not properly because it's stretched.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jamic9

Jamic9

Ratings:
    +30
    Me racing with triples.

• Like Like x 3
  5. randy66

randy66
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    @Lars Hansen ,I seen in another thread your running a triple resolution. I just picked up 3 Acer 235h's .Company in the building I maintain was recycling them. I picked the best ones out of the pile. Could you share you settings for RRE. Do you keep the monitors straight across? Is there a decent FOV ?

6. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Well, first of all understand that R3E doesn't support trip-screens natively.
    All it does is spread a flat image over three screens, it doesn't warp the image at the sides as a proper set-up would.
    I honestly haven't fiddled around with the settings much, I'm just happy with the extra screen real-estate and the improved peripheral vision it gets me. :D

But I'm running R3E at 5780x1080 with the default High settings, and that's it.
    I'd rather race than fiddle with sliders for a fortnight. ;)
    Screens themselves are angled at around 25 degrees or so (haven't measured).
    Just note that you will definitely need to change your FOV in-game when switching to trip screens.
    Otherwise you'll end up with the camera right up in the windshield.

• Like Like x 1
  7. randy66

randy66
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Thank you @Lars Hansen I'm gonna start messing with it more later.