Triple monitor support.

Hi all. I just downloaded GTR2 for the first time just to give it a whirl. Information seems to be getting slim. How do I set up my triple monitors correctly? Is there a hot key or is it done through some other way?

The menus are stretched all the way across still, right? Or is that fixed somehow? I use NVIDIA Surround.

Pretty sure regardless of menu issues in-race it's proper triple resolution, aspect ratio, fov, and all that.

By default GTR2 does not fully support triple screens, you need to use patched UI by DucFreak: GTR2 UI MOD as standalone, the one in PnG3, or the one in 10th Anniversary Patch/HQ mods.

This is something would be good as a sticky in new comp tech forum

IE: All sims listed from GPL up in the one thread with the various surround tweaks, fixes, members results, etc and each sim with placeholder members can help fill in over time

Also Ultra wide screen and VR

The 10th Anniversary UI is based on original DucFreak's GTR2 UI MOD, I have added more settings to manage in garage/ffb menu and few extra tweaks such as compatibility with Central Europe/Cyrillic languages.
In the end, if you've got original DucFreack GTR2 UI MOD or PnG3 MOD or GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH (or 10th Anniversary UI from GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION) then you have got the same triple screen patch and you need nothing else :)

Last edited:
Thx.
So there is no way to have proper triple screen support (ie setting screen angles and bezels) even using the mods in the 10-year anniversary patch if I understand you correctly ?

That's right. You can use your full triple screen resolution (mine is 6000x1080 bezel corrected) in windowed mode but it's not perspective-corrected. I just use 1920x1080 because I don't like that look.

That's in the cockpit and not to mention the game UI which I can't recall if it supports that wide or not.

As Shovas said, the triple screen support in DucFreak UI is quite basic but important : it mainly prevents GTR2 random crashs that you can have with default UI.
You can modify FOV as you wish though.

You can't correct the perspective with the radius adjustment in the "Defviews.cam file?
I do correct the that to some extent in VR but that is just a FOV of 95 degrees.

I'm not sure if FOV is the same as triples perspective correction when your screen is at an angle from you.

Also you'd need some params for each screen in defviews.cam instead of just one...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 32.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 147 58.1%