Triple monitor setup questions

Hi guys,

Got finally a triple monitor setup and busy with tweaking ,testing etc in the triple monitor app

My question is the following,

What is the correct distance to your middle screen?? My point is at the moment I use 800 mm, while I sit at 900 mm, at 900 mm the tracks feels like go kart tracks, when I go to 600 mm, all the curves are smooth and feels longer, but while racing I make constantly brake errors between 500 to 750 mm...

I mean I wanna drive over the track with the correct dimensions ,that's my goal....

After when u have the "correct" distance I have to set my "angle"

I play now around 32 tot 45, I wrapped it once both side at 90 degrees, but was like driving in a sauna, heat off three screens is to much lol

Please advice me some good tips about correct view, gonna build my own simrig, but waited first till I got the correct information

My triple app doesn't show the view, I see only that red head icon and that moves, on other screenshots I see the app viewing to "monitors" , AC is clean installed...

3 x Asus Mg279Q monitors = 3 x 27 inch 2K resolution @ 144 hz

triple app setting

angle : 32
distance center monitor : 800
bezel correction : 28
monitor size : 685

real distance to center monitor : 900

steady 72 fps
i7 3770 @ 4.1ghz
16 gb ram
ssd 850 pro
msi 1070 gtx 8X small oc on memory +350 mhz and gpu +100 mhz
g27
wheelstand pro (to be replaced) :D

Regards Fulgore

Last edited:
App is broken here too likely the screenshots are from builds where it was ok.

I use 450 distance while sitting at 700 so don't get too scared of getting away from the correct measurements. I don't like too much angle either, around 25 at the moment.

One thing that helps is going to a pitlane with a nice straight wall and make sure the wall stays more or less straight when transitioning from center to side screen.

You will not use a lot the side monitors to look at apexes but it's important that when you do you don't find yourself surprised about where the apex actually is when it moves into center monitor. Spa last turn is good to see that.

I tried to do it the proper way through the official app but it didn't work to my taste or feel right, looked way too zoomed in, I am the same as Philippe, don't have much of an angle really, maybe 20-25 degrees, i'd have to check another day to see what my exact settings are but i sit around 2ft from the middle screen, the monitors are more to see what's going on around me rather than trying to find the apex with them.

Usually the edge of my car is around the edge of the monitor otherwise you'll get distortion and struggle to hit the apexes from what I found.

thx for the info guys,

well my only issue than will be that i sit at the moment to far, the moment i tried distance to center monitor under 750 everything came smoother and smoother when the value went to 400, just tried it with a setting @ 400, no wheelstand to sit very close to monitors and seems the reaction was better when i was chasing a AI car and soon has he brakes i react, and didn't hit him :D

is their anyway a way to find out wich is the correct value so you drive the actually track in correct distance, if i see some youtube movies from ac compared to real life, the track seems "synced"

It is very personal, so my suggestion would be how I would position them, front screen 550 side screens 550 when you turn your head to face the side screen, this is from your eyes. It gives a natural all around view. ( I think this equates to 60 deg side screen angle )
The resolution should support this "just" and may be in the future try and get your frame rates up this will help with eye strain. In fact I used a cover over the three scenes to give better immersion. You can also cover some of the front screen bezels with the side screens bezels
To get half the bezel width.
I quite envy you, I have now gone to 35" 21:9, it is easy to drive it at 144hz, but no were as
Good as my triples. There are plenty of programs to calculate FOV to get the correct realistic view.

The distance spanner is the one option that I fudge on. I think my actual distance is something like 650-700mm from the center screen but I find I do not like that value and instead using something like 500mm to get everything feeling right and looking right.

Spent hours and hours trying out different settings for my triple screens, but always come back to the same conclusion, use the correct FOV.
With the aid of the in game Triple screen app these are my settings.
3 x 27" monitors 5760 x 1080
Rotation 53, Distance 590mm (actual distance from screen), Screen Width 600mm, margin 12mm.
Thanks to KeK 700's suggestion for setting the side monitors equal distance away as centre monitor is. Which makes my side monitors to be approx 53 degrees.
I also use RealHeadMotion and FFBClip.
My wheel is as close to the screen as I can get it, 14cm. I also have my pedals, wheel and seat set at the same measurements as my actual car I drive.
Together this makes for as an immersive setup as I can get, after all it's a simulation. Not bothered about setting world records for the fastest time.
This my screenshot as I see it, taken in panorama, so may not show exactly as I see it but think it gives you a good idea, hopefully.
20170718_134721.jpg

seems i know what to do the next days :D
all good suggestions and tips can i take with me to setup a good simrig and the setup for the monitors and indeed a good tip from Kek700 about the distance, that one i did allready and that felt better allready

in all the tips i see between 500 a 600 mm distance to center monitor is about the magic number
realheadmotion is indeed a must, without it Ac feels a little like a rollercoaster and even made little dizzy depending the track (Tourist) :D

screenshot of my setup at the moment :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7lYHCOW87W3RFNXd0tHNkVyeDg

and a onboard replay from me with a Gt-R and Ai Gt-r cars @95% on Tourist track with setting distance at 600 mm (real distance still 900)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7lYHCOW87W3Z3NOZlBjLVBZczQ

many thx to all and happy racing,

Fulgore

Last edited:
seems i know what to do the next days :D
all good suggestions and tips can i take with me to setup a good simrig and the setup for the monitors and indeed a good tip from Kek700 about the distance, that one i did allready and that felt better allready

in all the tips i see between 500 a 600 mm distance to center monitor is about the magic number
realheadmotion is indeed a must, without it Ac feels a little like a rollercoaster and even made little dizzy depending the track (Tourist) :D

screenshot of my setup at the moment :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7lYHCOW87W3RFNXd0tHNkVyeDg

and a onboard replay from me with a Gt-R and Ai Gt-r cars @95% on Tourist track with setting distance at 600 mm (real distance still 900)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7lYHCOW87W3Z3NOZlBjLVBZczQ

many thx to all and happy racing,

Fulgore
Video looks really good, your FOV looks very similar to mine. However, if poss move your screens closer to the back of your wheel so you are at 600mm from them. Will be more immersive. That's my opinion anyway.

I have 3 x 27 inch monitors,too. 27inch monitors are too small to make everything feels correct because of the width:height scale. If you make it close to 1:1 viewing angle and distance, you will lose lot of top / bottom part of it and make it feel fake. Finally I set the distance to 600mm while my actual distance to monitor is over 800mm.

keep them, you have the best compromise, large TV's look wrong on all counts,
unless you want to spend money on a rift, which gives you the exact view you
would have through a crash helmet.
your head needs to be 600mm away, and you need the correct FOV, which you appear to
have set.
just my opinion:)

I have 3 x 27 inch monitors,too. 27inch monitors are too small to make everything feels correct because of the width:height scale. If you make it close to 1:1 viewing angle and distance, you will lose lot of top / bottom part of it and make it feel fake. Finally I set the distance to 600mm while my actual distance to monitor is over 800mm.
I use 3 x 27 monitors, whereas 32" would be ideal, I'm very happy with them. As KeK700 says you need to be sat 600mm away and set your FOV at 600mm gives you more immersion than the distance your at plus you won't notice so much your monitor size. Also try setting your side monitors the same distance as your centre one. Mine works out at a 60 degree angle, I sit about 600 mm from mine and feels pretty good.
Untitled.jpg

This is what I see, slightly distorted view when taking screenshot across 3 screens but it gives you an idea.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back