Tree shadow

Since a few time ago I have this tree shadow appearing some times on the car and there's no tree around.

nkscrformulaks2istanbul.png

First I thought it came from one of those tracks that have one "skybox" folder, but I look for those that have it and replace the "sky" files, but that shadow just keeps appearing.

Any ideas?

Hmm, thanks Ryan, I also noticed them viewing my paint job while in the pitbox @ Suzuka, is there a way to clean them up?
Or best to just ignore them?

Attachments

• nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_ PitBox Tree shadow 1.jpg
    nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_ PitBox Tree shadow 1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 250
  • nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_PitBox Tree shadow 2.jpg
    nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_PitBox Tree shadow 2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 271
Cubemaps are generic, they give the reflection it's shine and movement, cubemaps are usually applied to a car (only one per material), so if you're on a track without a tree then it's tough :D. You can change cubemaps but then you'll be stuck with buildings where there are none, so it's a no win situation ;)

Okay, I downloaded and applied the clean dds as suggested by the link on page1, and my tree reflections are gone, as you can see in the before n after pics.

nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_PitBox Tree shadow 2.jpg nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_No trees.jpg
Before >>>>> After

Doesnt seem as glassy/reflective but atleast the TREES are gone.
It's dead easy to do, download emaps, rename emaps_glassy to cube, backup original cube in nKP texture file, then copy NEW cube to texture file and allow to over-right and your done, see ezy peezy.

While pondering this reflection issue, I remembered a while back some new cubemaps where released for rF by GSMF Alien and 6e66o, after investigating the files I renamed the high reflection DDS to cube, inserted it into nKP textures and now I have a high level of reflection again, without the trees.
If anyone wants the files, you can get them here

Cheers.

Edit: had issues with the link, fixed now.

Hiya Sergio, I forgot to mention in my earlier post :redface: the file I used was MORE_SHINY_car-cube-dx9 by 6e66o.

I did find a small tree reflection, but I could only see it from the right side facing the car at about 45*, atleast the High reflection is better.:)
here's a pic or 2
nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_ reflection_Small tree image.jpg nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_new cubemap_Very Shiny.jpg
you can see the tree in the 2nd pic behind the nK or just above the P in 1st pic.
cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years