1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Tree shadow

Discussion in 'netKar PRO' started by Sérgio Marques, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Ratings:
    +320
    Since a few time ago I have this tree shadow appearing some times on the car and there's no tree around.

[​IMG]

First I thought it came from one of those tracks that have one "skybox" folder, but I look for those that have it and replace the "sky" files, but that shadow just keeps appearing.

Any ideas?

2. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    Hey Sergio, I noticed the shadow aswell mate, decided to ignore it, and hope for a fix in v1.3

3. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    That's not a shadow, that's a cubemap - usually generic, so you may see reflections that aren't 'there'

4. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    Hmm, thanks Ryan, I also noticed them viewing my paint job while in the pitbox @ Suzuka, is there a way to clean them up?
    Or best to just ignore them?

Attached Files:

5. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Cubemaps are generic, they give the reflection it's shine and movement, cubemaps are usually applied to a car (only one per material), so if you're on a track without a tree then it's tough :D. You can change cubemaps but then you'll be stuck with buildings where there are none, so it's a no win situation ;)

6. Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Ratings:
    +320
    Ok, thanks Ryan for the information.

7. Jon Denton

Jon Denton

Ratings:
    +22
    If dynamic reflections make it in in V1.3 this should go away.

8. Jaireh Pahalla

Jaireh Pahalla

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL that looks freaky. hehehe :D

9. Adrian Herrera

Adrian Herrera

Ratings:
    +51
  10. Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Ratings:
    +320
    Thanks adriecoot, I try those files and the tree has gone, but the shadows in the front of the car also gone. So I just keep it.

11. Adrian Herrera

Adrian Herrera

Ratings:
    +51
    ok cool.. lets hope we get real time reflections on the next release.

12. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    Okay, I downloaded and applied the clean dds as suggested by the link on page1, and my tree reflections are gone, as you can see in the before n after pics.

nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_PitBox Tree shadow 2.jpg nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_No trees.jpg
    Before >>>>> After

Doesnt seem as glassy/reflective but atleast the TREES are gone.
    It's dead easy to do, download emaps, rename emaps_glassy to cube, backup original cube in nKP texture file, then copy NEW cube to texture file and allow to over-right and your done, see ezy peezy.

13. Adrian Herrera

Adrian Herrera

Ratings:
    +51
    glad it worked mate

14. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    While pondering this reflection issue, I remembered a while back some new cubemaps where released for rF by GSMF Alien and 6e66o, after investigating the files I renamed the high reflection DDS to cube, inserted it into nKP textures and now I have a high level of reflection again, without the trees.
    If anyone wants the files, you can get them here

Cheers.

Edit: had issues with the link, fixed now.

15. Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques

Ratings:
    +320
    Thanks Andrew, I will try it, because without the reflections it don't feels right.

16. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium

Ratings:
    +565
    Hiya Sergio, I forgot to mention in my earlier post :redface: the file I used was MORE_SHINY_car-cube-dx9 by 6e66o.

I did find a small tree reflection, but I could only see it from the right side facing the car at about 45*, atleast the High reflection is better.:)
    here's a pic or 2
    nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_ reflection_Small tree image.jpg nkScr_FormulaKS2_Suzuka_new cubemap_Very Shiny.jpg
    you can see the tree in the 2nd pic behind the nK or just above the P in 1st pic.
    cheers