Cars TRD DRW12

Status
Not open for further replies.
iballobar13 submitted a new resource:

TRD DRW12 - 1989 Group C fictional car

The pack includes 4 cars:
Regular version: Normal & AI version. For races, use the AI version against you, as if you use the normal one they run at really low turbo boost (I haven't found how to fix it so I created the AI version with fixed turbo boost instead of tuneable)
LM version: Normal & AI version. Use the AI version against you in races. Designed to suit high speed tracks, with really low drag but less downforce than the regular version.

Car Description:...

Read more about this resource...

I changed car.ini file DRIVEREYES coordinates and now I have left view when driving. Please note that the car has 2 interior views from the driver's eyes and only the latter will have this change

[GRAPHICS]
DRIVEREYES=0.22,0.83,0.106417
;DRIVEREYES=-0.218645,0.827208,0.106417

See picture below

Attachments

• 20231112143310_1.jpg
    20231112143310_1.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 42
Found another problem: The engine breaks down pretty soon, even if I used the default 60% boost pressure. The problem is the engine rotates at 6300 but starts to break down at 6110 revs. I changed engine.ini file RPM_THRESHOLD value to 6600 and problem solved.

engine.ini
LIMITER=6300 ; engine rev limiter. 0 no limiter
RPM_THRESHOLD=6110 ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage

Yup, that was intentional, simillar to many turbo old school race cars: Above certain rpm the engine starts taking damage due to high stress due to rpm, even at low boost. For this case I used a damage threshold about 200 rpm before the redline. Also, looking at the power curve, peak power is at about 5600 rpm, and shifting should be made at around 6-6.1k max.
For example, the C9 starts taking damage at 7200 rpm, even though redline comes at 7500 rpm.

Love the car! But is it some fuel problem? Sometimes the car dies with 14-15L Fuel.
Thanks!
I don't really know to be fair.:O_o:
It has never happened to me, but one friend of mine also told me that he had this issue. Next week I'll see if I have a couple of spare hours to test some more, if I find some issue I'll try to fix it.
Do you use any fuel consumption multipliers or something?
All testing I've done is Fuel & Tyre wear x1, and Mechanical Damage 0 or 100%

Thanks!
I don't really know to be fair.:O_o:
It has never happened to me, but one friend of mine also told me that he had this issue. Next week I'll see if I have a couple of spare hours to test some more, if I find some issue I'll try to fix it.
Do you use any fuel consumption multipliers or something?
All testing I've done is Fuel & Tyre wear x1, and Mechanical Damage 0 or 100%
Hmm, not what im aware of. Im just using the default fuel at 20L. I'll double check if thats the case.

Hmm, not what im aware of. Im just using the default fuel at 20L. I'll double check if thats the case.
I've been testing both cars in multiple stints (fuel range from 20L - 50L) this afternoon. I haven't had any situation in which the car dies. I'll do some more testing on Thursday that I'll have some more free time.
Has it happened to you again?
Maybe you are overreving the car and have the damage display off? I've found that (deppending on the track you're on), you can kill the engine after 5-10 liters of fuel are burned (a bit more than two laps at a regular sized track), if you overrev the car, like constantly shifting above 6100/6200 rpm and reving higher on downshifts.
I'll keep trying to spot the issue in these next days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 40 36.4%