Resource icon

Misc Transparent Quick-Menu Background 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

Transparent Quick-Menu Background - Renders all on-track's quick-menu backgrounds transparent

This mod renders the game's quick-menu backgrounds as transparent textures (original f12013\frontend\b_osd.pssg backup file is included within the zip file).

Instructions to install:

1- Download and unzip the Transparent Quick-Menu Bkgd.zip file
2- Copy the frontend folder to the installed f12013 folder

Instructions to restore the original f12013\frontend\b_osd.pssg file:

1- Just copy the frontend folder inside the Original file...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Me 2. I would love to be able to render the arrows & text also transparent in those annoying menus. (Done!!! See 2 posts below for the link to it!!) I can understand first-time players need to see them for a relatively short period, or casual players not remembering the options between sparse sessions, but for hardcore sim-like players like us, we memorized the 10 keypress-sequences a long time ago! No need to dirty-up our screens each time we use them, but Ignorancemasters removed all possiblities to hide them all (I dunno for what GD fake reason again).

Last year, MAC user @NoSuey worked for days to find the texturing nodes to them, and make them point to full transparent textures so the arrows AND texts were also hidden.

Unfortunately, it seems NoSuey is not active at the moment or he doesn't have this year's edition yet. I'm not knowledgeable enough to find out how he did it last year, :cry:

Edited, since it's no longer the case! ;)
Re.: 2 post below
VVVVVVVVVVVV

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I find it a much more pleasing alternative to the box on the screen. Cheers.

I've finally found how he hid the entire quick menu (using Ryder's PSSG Editor & d_osd.PSSG's RENDER nodes).

I'll post a new resource that will include it in an hour or two (gotta go out for dinner).

Check it out!

Awesome mate, love your work and appreciate the great info given. Thanks again.
clear.png

Thank you, wazza1, but most credits for these mods must go to the RD member (NoSuey) who was here for a too short period of time last year, it seems. I learned how he did it after reading he was looking into the textures' nodes for two days (of trials and errors) before being successful. Since he is not active this year, I followed his indications (took me a long time to figure them out, though, since I'm not a programmer).

No worries mate, appreciate you giving credit where it is due! Wish I could personally thank him. But you still deserve a big thankyou as if you didn't pick up where he left off and spend the time scouring through the files and testing I doubt i'd have this mod for this year, I love realism and it doesn't get much better than this!!! Perfecto.
clear.png

I love realism also, as I can't stand all that fluffy arcade nonsense that company piles up on the screen. Who needs pit-stop timing? Who needs session legend? Alright, maybe 10-12 years-old kids do, but why oh why don't these retard game designers provide just a simple option to turn them all off for grown-up adults?? They offered it in 2011, just to remove the option since last year... What a bunch for *&#*k ups! No wonder they're losing tons of sales ever since they started removing features that people like!!

I have found the way to remove the rest of their annoying crap (session-ending countdowns & pit-stop timers). I'll post a new resource in a few minutes, and provide the link to it in this thread.

Thank you for your kind words! :)

Edit:
It's there: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/no-session-ending-legends-invisible-quick-menu.1268/

Enjoy!! :)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more! So many games have been hurt by taking backward steps. Got onto the thread you put up as soon as I got back onto RD. Can't thank you enough for making the experience so much better, will catch up soon mate.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%