Traffic mod

Hi guys,

i can´t mod anything at all. But i´m good in dreaming about stuff.:)
Nowadays have so much nice road tracks for AC which already got two-lane ai lines and traffic loops.
Somehow i´m still missing a traffic mod, which contains regular passenger cars, some trucks and maybe a bus. Low polygon models, no interior and not faster than 80 km/h.

Maybe somebody picks up the idea, who knows?

Thank you guys, i know this tracks already. Both are great.
Also the Shuto Express Way and Lake Louise are great for traffic simulations.

It´s fun driving road races in traffic in AC, but the "traffic cars" are driving too fast (accelerating, cornering, braking, top speed) and are too new, shiny and expensive.
Maybe this would be a believable scenario for monaco but not at lake louise.

"AI Flood" is a necessity on a big map, just make sure in options of CM - Custom Shaders Patch to enable "New AI Behavior" - "Get back to the race..." That way with selection of just 12 cars you can fill any road the way you want it even on an "old" GPU with just 2GB of GDDR5. If opponents drive too fast - use "Strength" to adjust. At "70" AI is sluggish even in a F1 racer. Other trick is to put an "ai_hints.ini" file in the "data" subfolder of the track - see the attached example. By editing it you can make the opponents obey any speed limit on any part of the track. Just define it using values from 0.001 to 0.999 (as per "DRS Zones" dev app in AC) for start and end of the particular section, each in it`s own [MAXSPEED_x] consecutive paragraph. Speed is in km/h.
Clipboard01.jpg

Really it`s not a big hassle once you get the hang of it.

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini
    51 bytes · Views: 673
Works in "Track day" or "Racing weekend". Select opponents according to your PC specs - if graphics is with 2GB memory then start first with ~10 cars.
CM.jpg
The more different models you put in - the more the chance that there will be framedropping due to insufficient graphics memory. In CM - "Custom Shaders Patch"
111.jpg

If not using the patch traffic feels too scarce because of the big map.

Last edited:
Flying off the track depends mainly on the AI settings in game and in the car`s data. If AI is set at 100% strength and 100% aggression and/or it`s data in "ai.ini" is a bit underdeveloped then crashes happen a lot. Easiest fix - use less aggression. Then if necessary additionally set strength to ~92-98 %.

If AI Flood is used, then often cars get spawned pointing not exactly in the road`s direction and faster cars spin in the trees immediately. More so when wet.

Nordschleife is something I`ve thought about too, but feels too weird with 2-way and Carrousel is out of bounds in normal use of the road Monday-Friday.

Last edited:
What I used to do is use car tuner and make a copy of a car you like to use for AI and nerf it.
Adjust power to get a realistic road behaviour. You're not going to drive it but what you want is AI going at legal speeds. Edit the AI to shift up real early. So you won't see your Lambo going past at 110 km with a screaming engine in first gear. Nice thing is that you can leave AI strength and aggressiveness at 100% if you want. Just name these cars AI or whatever and tag em in CM. Will need some work and testing for each car but good thing is it will work on any track and in any mode.
You could even optimize them if you know your way around a 3d software. Take out interiors etc.

use car tuner and make a copy of a car you like to use for AI and nerf it.
You could even optimize them if you know your way around a 3d software. Take out interiors etc.

The BIG downside - those cars will eat up xx GB of disk space and xx hours of time to tweak. See my prev post on how to tweak the hints for slowing the AI with "ai_hints.ini" file in the "data" subfolder of the track. It`s a lot easier.

Last edited:
Yeah but they will scream around in first gear at huge revs, and they just behave badly. It's not that much work. how many cars you need like this? And you're editing the hints file anyway. And disk space? you kidding right? Ppl with literally 1000's of crappy cars tha are never driven. If you make a little pack like this of let's say 10 or 12 cars. How much is that gonna consume? Anyway. It was just an idea I wanted to pass on. Have fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back