1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The AC Racing Club needs a few helping members who would love to become staff. Click here for more information.

Tracks not loading

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Mods' started by electricmollusc, Jul 10, 2014.

1. I have the latest version and I downloaded the Donington Park track. When I select the track (and variation) it shows the error:

acs.exe error donningtongp : TRACK NOT FOUND

I already searched the forums and found this response:

"For anyone struggling with modded content, specifically tracks, after update 0.9, do this:

If the game is crashing. Check the AC installation folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini for the following line:
    WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1
    • change the 1 to a 0"
    My problem is i cannot find the "system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini file.

I don't have a system folder? I have a cfg folder but no folder or file inside that shows the above.

Any help gratefully received.

2. Are you sure you inserted the track into the right folder, assettocorsa/content/tracks?
    Did you already try to run an 'integrity check of game cache' via steam options for AC?
    The assetto_corsa.ini file must be located under steam/steamapps/common(or username)/assettocorsa/system/cfg. Please check again.

If non of the above helped, move all custom/mod tracks out of the /tracks folder expect donningtongp, especially move the Top Gear test track out, if you have it, and try again.

3. be sure you put the track folder here
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

And not in your documents like this:
    C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\tracks

Changing that one to a zero isn't going to solve the problem if the track is in the wrong place.

Also, the "system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini file. is here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

4. Awesome! Thanks for the replys. I will check this out tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again.