• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Tracks for the 50s Maseratis

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by FJBH10, Dec 17, 2016.

1. FJBH10

FJBH10

Ratings:
    +24
    Hello,

Does anyone know any good 50s or even 60s era tracks that work well with the Maseratis?

2. Ernest Aubert

Ernest Aubert

Ratings:
    +33
    Hah! Those cars are extremely difficult to drive; they won't keep going straight - I have to constantly correct the steering. I gave up on them. If you want an open-wheel car that's very nearly as hard, but doesn't wander on its own, try the Lotus 25. And Grobnik is the best track, bar none!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bokonon

Bokonon

Ratings:
    +55
    I had some fun in these at the old monza, I do wonder about the wandering steering though it doesn't feel correct.

4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie
    David Pemberton Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Add lots of fuel - that really helps to stabilise them :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. seanvdburg

seanvdburg

Ratings:
    +51
    To me it seems like a stiff suspension + very thin tyres that's causing it. The car is unstable and has very little grip.

6. arthur666

arthur666

Ratings:
    +103
    Try the 250F at Black Cat County. Seriously fun combo. And the width lets you tame the car, play with it a little more.

It does wander a lot, due to the tires. But after I got used to it, I can pretty much keep the 250F in a straight line at speed. Took a while to get used to though.

As to where else you can drive these cars, well, luckily they're still on track today. So the modern offerings of AC aren't unrealistic.
    This video will make you want to try Spa... :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    I think OP was asking about tracks to drive them on, not for advice on how to give up on the cars.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    Have a try at Spa 1966
    download link: Link removed

Mod edit - Please don't post external download links, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,489
    I'm a fan of Goodwood too (it's in the downloads section, but I'm at work so can't link it here due to time constraints).

10. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +761
    That Spa conversion is poor, sadly. And the layout would be quite tricky for the Maserati.

11. Ernest Aubert

Ernest Aubert

Ratings:
    +33
    Yes - I answered that in the last sentence; and added something.

12. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +90
    One of the most fun multiplayers I've had was with the Maserati 250's on the old Monza with the banking. Lots of lead changes ( ie everyone went off track at some point), very nerve wracking, a real blast. Very hard to control, but that's the fun part.

13. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +90
    One of the most fun multiplayers I've had was with the Maserati 250's on the old Monza with the banking. Lots of lead changes ( ie everyone went off track at some point), very nerve wracking, a real blast. Very hard to control, but that's the fun part.

14. FJBH10

FJBH10

Ratings:
    +24
    Grobnik looks fun, downloading that now. I agree that the cars are a little too unstable in a straight line.

You can see here Fangio never really has to go mad with the steering wheel on straights like you have to in the game.

• Love Love x 1
  15. guidofoc

guidofoc

Ratings:
    +89
    I find them super fun to drive at Brands Hatch.

16. FJBH10

FJBH10

Ratings:
    +24
    Dunno why I haven't thought of that before! Will try that tomorrow.

17. Bokonon

Bokonon

Ratings:
    +55
    It's a little hard to tell, because the viewpoint wasn't very clear about the inputs, I agree it looked smoother, but it's difficult to tell what subtle forces he is dealing with. Also he is the master, he was using techniques for the first time, he was a legend. Seriously though I can't imagine that this car is as difficult to drive irl, fun as it is I think the boatiness is overdone. Fun though.
    The video itself though is Flipping fantastic, thanks for posting.

18. arthur666

arthur666

Ratings:
    +103
    @Bokonon : Try this: In the 6cyl, psi at 40, fill the gas tank to at least half full.
    Maybe I've just gotten used to the car, because I do drive it a lot. But I can easily drive it in a straight line at speed. I do find myself making small adjustments on a straight, but nothing dramatic. Watching my replays, it looks pretty smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ernest Aubert

Ernest Aubert

Ratings:
    +33
    Have you guys tried the Lotus 25? That's even more of a handful than the 49; not as fast, of course, but really demanding, like the Maseratis, but it doesn't wander.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FJBH10

FJBH10

Ratings:
    +24
    Yeah the 25 is a blast too. The 60s F3 tracks: Elaintarharata (Think I spelled that right) and Ahvenisto are good. (Good in the Maseratis too.)

• Like Like x 1