Tracks for the 50s Maseratis

Hah! Those cars are extremely difficult to drive; they won't keep going straight - I have to constantly correct the steering. I gave up on them. If you want an open-wheel car that's very nearly as hard, but doesn't wander on its own, try the Lotus 25. And Grobnik is the best track, bar none!

Last edited:
Try the 250F at Black Cat County. Seriously fun combo. And the width lets you tame the car, play with it a little more.

It does wander a lot, due to the tires. But after I got used to it, I can pretty much keep the 250F in a straight line at speed. Took a while to get used to though.

As to where else you can drive these cars, well, luckily they're still on track today. So the modern offerings of AC aren't unrealistic.
This video will make you want to try Spa... :)

Last edited:
Hah! Those cars are extremely difficult to drive; they won't keep going straight - I have to constantly correct the steering. I gave up on them. If you want an open-wheel car that's very nearly as hard, but doesn't wander on its own, try the Lotus 25. And Grobnik is the best track, bar none!
I think OP was asking about tracks to drive them on, not for advice on how to give up on the cars.

• Deleted member 130869

That Spa conversion is poor, sadly. And the layout would be quite tricky for the Maserati.

One of the most fun multiplayers I've had was with the Maserati 250's on the old Monza with the banking. Lots of lead changes ( ie everyone went off track at some point), very nerve wracking, a real blast. Very hard to control, but that's the fun part.

One of the most fun multiplayers I've had was with the Maserati 250's on the old Monza with the banking. Lots of lead changes ( ie everyone went off track at some point), very nerve wracking, a real blast. Very hard to control, but that's the fun part.

Grobnik looks fun, downloading that now. I agree that the cars are a little too unstable in a straight line.

You can see here Fangio never really has to go mad with the steering wheel on straights like you have to in the game.

Grobnik looks fun, downloading that now. I agree that the cars are a little too unstable in a straight line.

You can see here Fangio never really has to go mad with the steering wheel on straights like you have to in the game.
It's a little hard to tell, because the viewpoint wasn't very clear about the inputs, I agree it looked smoother, but it's difficult to tell what subtle forces he is dealing with. Also he is the master, he was using techniques for the first time, he was a legend. Seriously though I can't imagine that this car is as difficult to drive irl, fun as it is I think the boatiness is overdone. Fun though.
The video itself though is Flipping fantastic, thanks for posting.

Seriously though I can't imagine that this car is as difficult to drive irl, fun as it is I think the boatiness is overdone. Fun though.
@Bokonon : Try this: In the 6cyl, psi at 40, fill the gas tank to at least half full.
Maybe I've just gotten used to the car, because I do drive it a lot. But I can easily drive it in a straight line at speed. I do find myself making small adjustments on a straight, but nothing dramatic. Watching my replays, it looks pretty smooth.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%