1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tracks for GSC with all permisions

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme Mods' started by Matej Lakota, May 5, 2013.

1. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Cant say now, need to see the track first :).
    But we will download it, and see what it is like. If its any good, we can use it for sure.

There is no problem with using modded tracks, as long as they are any good, and have appropriate permissions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Moirana looks nice and feeling on the track is also good (just a little slippery surface I guess :)).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. Oh yes! Epic track indeed... :cool:

6. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

What a beautiful, challenging and especially difficult-to-drive-it-fast piece of art. How is it possible, I completely missed this pearl :)?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thanks Matej! After all that words, I think I need a napkin now!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

That` true Sérgio. One hard to learn track, full of blind and technically demanding turns :thumbsup: . I really like it and hope, we can drive it soon in some club races.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Problem with most addon tracks is that they dont have the correct grip level compared to the default tracks in the game making them almost just as icey and skatey as in rFactor.

The grip of the cars partly comes from the track

• Like Like x 1
  10. That kind statement is almost becoming a myth, even if is a wrong one!

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Well feel free to point me to the source that proves me wrong please.

12. Javier Bernedo

Javier Bernedo
    Premium Member

It depends on the track. But tweaking the tdf. file and with a little of time doing tests, you can get the same feeling that Reiza tracks. I have participated in a league with Reiza & converted tracks and no one notice any difference. But you need tweaking the tracks one by one.

13. Javier already did my answer!

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

So, Bram was right indeed :). It depends on the track a lot, as the grip levels are indeed defined mostly there.
    However, that doesnt mean that "only" Reiza can do it. If you know how to, its certainly doable yourself.
    Statement from Bram still stands, which is that MOST tracks lack grip levels.

Hence my original remark, I have to test this one first. Havent been online (on my gaming pc) since the weekend, so havent gotten to it yet. Got some free days coming up, so will do so in the coming. If indeed grip levels are ok, we can surely consider them.

15. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I feel huge difference between Jacarepagua 2005 and Interlagos and those are original tracks from Reiza.

16. In the case of the FReiza, almost the only car I have been racing on the last times, a good setup is even more important than the track in therms of feeling the car.

17. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Now up first I have to say that i have neither driven Interlagos or Jacarepaqua for real, so I cant judge from experience, but I can imagine the grip not being the same in real life as well :).

I am not saying there is no difference in between tracks, and neither am I saying that there are no custom tracks around that are good, but the fact is that the grip tweak Reiza did, is what makes this game so good. Without it, it's actually rfactor1, with a different look. As rfactor for sure has had its glory, and its amazing mods, it's not the same as GSC or FTruck. One off the main differences is that grip thing.

The whole feeling of a car is determined by all factors, not a single one. So a setup, good track with good traction, and a good steering wheel all contribute to that.

18. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

I wasn't comparing user tracks as I don't have much experience with them. But those two feel strangely different to me. I was driving Interlagos in F3 and noticed that I wasn't feeling grip loss the way I wanted. Started to tweak FFB, but when I fired up Jaca05 and suddenly it got some NetKarish feel. I liked that. I even ran those tracks with the same setup for comparison.

19. Javier Bernedo

Javier Bernedo
    Premium Member

What makes a difference, talking about grip, is temperature on track. 24º Vs 33º, for example, is quite a difference. One of the best things in GSC