Trackmap plugin Still not working

So if at all possible Ide love some help troubleshooting this issue.
I am sure I have everything installed in the correct folders.
I have installed the redistributables for x32 and x64. I uninstalled them and ran them as admin also. the game crashes everytime. I figured out if i remove the d3d9.dll from the x64 bin file and it launches but the plugin doesnt work. I have no idea how to fix whatevers messing up the connection between the Redistro and the .dll file.

Assuming a 64 bit system:
Your Bin64 Plugin directory should have a TrapMapPlugin_64.dll plus rF2's main Plugins should have a TrackMap directory with four folders: Docs, Images, Redistributable, Tracks.

Note: In the TrackMap directory make sure there is four trackmap files, plus a KM.txt, GIDkeyboard.exe, d3d9.log.txt Also, the d3d9.dll needs to be in your Bin64 directory.

rF's "Options" be sure your TrackMap plugins is "On" & if not then turn On and restart rF to take effect.

Last edited:
I have triple checked. the newest version is just copy and paste into the root directory. the only thing i can find on this is if it crashes its because you need the redistributable. I have installed it with administrative permissions.

I'm still on Windows7 but got trouble to get the plugin to show. When you download the plugin, there is a link to download the 2012 version of redistributables for x32 and x64. I ran them but that was not enough in my case.

After installing the plugin, in ...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Plugins\TrackMap\Redistributable there are also 2 exes. They have the same names as the one you can download, but there are the 2013 versions! And my machine needed them obviously: after running them too, the plugin worked.

Again, this is on Windows7 but maybe worth a try in your case?

It's possible that the TrackMap Plugin has a compatibility issue with Win10.
Would be interesting to know if other Win10 users have issues and the author's opinion!

Last edited:
It's possible that the TrackMap Plugin has a compatibility issue with Win10.
Would be interesting to know if other Win10 users have issues and the author's opinion!

I use win10 and trackmap without problems. I never had to specifically update distributables for it beyond those mentioned. I sometimes use several other plugins with no problem other that sweetfx which doesn't work with TMap. I have used all the std plugins that come with rF2, plus deltabest, relativetime, curs-o-radar, and realheadmotion along with trackmap with no problems.

I went through your video and didn't see anything different from mine relative to the trackmap files.

I imagine you've already done this, but go to the docs folder and open the readme_leggimi_0.96.txt and be sure everything that should be deleted has been.

Sorry you're having problems, but I don't know what else would conflict with TMap.

Good to know Win10 users have no issues!.

I use Win7 and my TrackMap worked perfectly before my transfer to Steam then after reinstalling TrackMap it didn't work until i once again installed The "LATEST" Visual C++ Redistributable Package for BOTH 32 AND 64 BIT so now it all works Great.

INSTALL BOTH Microsoft VC Runtime Library "vcredist_x86" and "vcredist_x64" "BEFORE" Running The TrackMap plugin, Mandatory for Plugin Working!

Last edited:
Killrathy,

Ok, maybe my last crazy idea. I recall that many years ago, some users of the original trackmap in rF1, couldn't get it work and it would crash rF1. The amazing author of the rF1 & rF2 plugins, fazerbox, (who doesn't seem to be around anymore), said this on rfactorcentral.com:

a)Many people that have experienced crash or bugs have resolved it after having installed ".NET Framework 3.5"
I don't Know Why, I don't use it in Plugin, but seems Plugin needs .NET Framework 3.5.
If people Experience Bugs or Crash, please download and install
".NET Framework 3.5" from Microsoft site.

I think .Net Framework is up to version 4.5 or greater now. I don't know what you have, or really what I have. "Maybe" that is still an issue. Never heard of this with rF2, but ... just a thought. I don't think installing it would hurt anything.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 38.9%