• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Trackmap plugin Still not working

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Killrathy, Jan 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2
    So if at all possible Ide love some help troubleshooting this issue.
    I am sure I have everything installed in the correct folders.
    I have installed the redistributables for x32 and x64. I uninstalled them and ran them as admin also. the game crashes everytime. I figured out if i remove the d3d9.dll from the x64 bin file and it launches but the plugin doesnt work. I have no idea how to fix whatevers messing up the connection between the Redistro and the .dll file.

2. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2
    Im running win 10 64 bit.
    Steam version fresh install

3. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    Assuming a 64 bit system:
    Your Bin64 Plugin directory should have a TrapMapPlugin_64.dll plus rF2's main Plugins should have a TrackMap directory with four folders: Docs, Images, Redistributable, Tracks.

Note: In the TrackMap directory make sure there is four trackmap files, plus a KM.txt, GIDkeyboard.exe, d3d9.log.txt Also, the d3d9.dll needs to be in your Bin64 directory.

rF's "Options" be sure your TrackMap plugins is "On" & if not then turn On and restart rF to take effect.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  4. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2
    I have triple checked. the newest version is just copy and paste into the root directory. the only thing i can find on this is if it crashes its because you need the redistributable. I have installed it with administrative permissions.

5. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2

• Like Like x 1
  6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I'm still on Windows7 but got trouble to get the plugin to show. When you download the plugin, there is a link to download the 2012 version of redistributables for x32 and x64. I ran them but that was not enough in my case.

After installing the plugin, in ...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Plugins\TrackMap\Redistributable there are also 2 exes. They have the same names as the one you can download, but there are the 2013 versions! And my machine needed them obviously: after running them too, the plugin worked.

Again, this is on Windows7 but maybe worth a try in your case?

7. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2
    I have also tried the 2012 and 2013 redistributables.

• Sad Sad x 1
  8. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    It's possible that the TrackMap Plugin has a compatibility issue with Win10.
    Would be interesting to know if other Win10 users have issues and the author's opinion!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  9. Jerry McComas

Jerry McComas

Ratings:
    +2
    I use win10 and trackmap without problems. I never had to specifically update distributables for it beyond those mentioned. I sometimes use several other plugins with no problem other that sweetfx which doesn't work with TMap. I have used all the std plugins that come with rF2, plus deltabest, relativetime, curs-o-radar, and realheadmotion along with trackmap with no problems.

I went through your video and didn't see anything different from mine relative to the trackmap files.

I imagine you've already done this, but go to the docs folder and open the readme_leggimi_0.96.txt and be sure everything that should be deleted has been.

Sorry you're having problems, but I don't know what else would conflict with TMap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    Good to know Win10 users have no issues!.

I use Win7 and my TrackMap worked perfectly before my transfer to Steam then after reinstalling TrackMap it didn't work until i once again installed The "LATEST" Visual C++ Redistributable Package for BOTH 32 AND 64 BIT so now it all works Great.

INSTALL BOTH Microsoft VC Runtime Library "vcredist_x86" and "vcredist_x64" "BEFORE" Running The TrackMap plugin, Mandatory for Plugin Working!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  11. Jerry McComas

Jerry McComas

Ratings:
    +2
    So ... is it working now?

12. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    Don't think Killrathy got Trackmap working but mine is working great.

13. Killrathy

Killrathy

Ratings:
    +2
    no sir and i have no other plugins.

14. Jerry McComas

Jerry McComas

Ratings:
    +2
    Killrathy,

Ok, maybe my last crazy idea. I recall that many years ago, some users of the original trackmap in rF1, couldn't get it work and it would crash rF1. The amazing author of the rF1 & rF2 plugins, fazerbox, (who doesn't seem to be around anymore), said this on rfactorcentral.com:

a)Many people that have experienced crash or bugs have resolved it after having installed ".NET Framework 3.5"
    I don't Know Why, I don't use it in Plugin, but seems Plugin needs .NET Framework 3.5.
    If people Experience Bugs or Crash, please download and install
    ".NET Framework 3.5" from Microsoft site.

I think .Net Framework is up to version 4.5 or greater now. I don't know what you have, or really what I have. "Maybe" that is still an issue. Never heard of this with rF2, but ... just a thought. I don't think installing it would hurt anything.