Trackmap after v 1.3.7

I prefer the old, rotating Map, but there is no way to switch it back. The DynHud Editor appears in the Taskbar, but not in a Window; it doesn't open. Is there any Way to get the old Map back?

I prefer the old, rotating Map, but there is no way to switch it back. The DynHud Editor appears in the Taskbar, but not in a Window; it doesn't open. Is there any Way to get the old Map back?

If you are using a "non-standard" resolution, then you have to first go into the config folder (under DynHUD) and edit the editor_settings.ini file with your screen's resolution. Annoyingly, this file gets reset every time they do an update. The editor will not run properly (at least for me) if the resolution does not match my screen.

Then, you should be able to run dynhud_editor.exe in the editor folder. Then, you have to find the overlay you are actually using (check your UI in AMS if you are not sure). Then click on the map widget and you will see the option under "Misc" in the right hand configuration/options panel.

It's a fair amount of work. I know, because I am one of the people who had to go through this aggravation to turn OFF the rotation when the default option was to rotate. Now the situation is reversed. Reiza must have had feedback that the majority preferred the non-rotating map.

If you are using a "non-standard" resolution, then you have to first go into the config folder (under DynHUD) and edit the editor_settings.ini file with your screen's resolution. Annoyingly, this file gets reset every time they do an update. The editor will not run properly (at least for me) if the resolution does not match my screen.

Then, you should be able to run dynhud_editor.exe in the editor folder. Then, you have to find the overlay you are actually using (check your UI in AMS if you are not sure). Then click on the map widget and you will see the option under "Misc" in the right hand configuration/options panel.

It's a fair amount of work. I know, because I am one of the people who had to go through this aggravation to turn OFF the rotation when the default option was to rotate. Now the situation is reversed. Reiza must have had feedback that the majority preferred the non-rotating map.
I have the same Resolution as in editor_settings.ini; several month ago it works fine, but not now. Now I see the Editor in the Taskbar Preview Window, but that's all.

GID Hud has a great track map display.
It can be changed on the track with a keyboard shortcut:
1. Off
2. Full map
3. Rotating map

It's possible to run DynHud and GID Hud simultaneously.
GID uses a different d3d9.dll in the main AMS folder. To use both:

1. Rename DynHud's d3d9.dll (147KB) to something like d3d9DYNHUD.dll

2. Edit GIDPlugin.ini
FROM
[GENERAL]
#OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_tvstyle.dll
OriginalD3D9Dll=DEFAULT
TO

[GENERAL]
#OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_tvstyle.dll
OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9DYNHUD.dll

GID Hud download
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gid-patched-for-ams.118916/#post-2202452

Odd. What do people use the map for? Personally, I use it for learning new tracks and to see where nearby opponents are on track. For that rotation is a must. I'm not sure why you'd want a static map sitting on your screen though?

Some prefer rotating and some prefer static. I thought I would prefer rotating, but find it more difficult to find my own car and the rotating is distracting. I use a smaller footprint map. If I was using the standard size or larger, I might prefer rotating. Point is, we can chose whichever we prefer. The only issue is that it is a bit tedious to change it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%