Track_Day PP filter

Misc Track_Day PP filter 1.11 + Kunos version

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm confused. Not sure how it is supposed to look. I like the way the advertising screen shots look with track day pp filter a lot. They look very real, congrats for that ! But it does look overly bright for me even when using gbW weathers. I have been using Natural Mod for a looong time now and yours seems much brighter. I know it is supposed to be brighter, but this much ?

Here is a comparison I just did.

track_day_small.png

Natural Mod looks really dark. But I suppose I have to compare it to gbW filter and then track day is just a little bit brighter than gbW. Overall track day looks best for this weather I'd say.

Now, this is also 13:00 hours and gbW Clear with Track Day. That looks overly bright, no ?

track_day_clear_small.jpg

Attachments

• track_day_small.png
    track_day_small.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 190
  • track_day_small.png
    track_day_small.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 193
  • traack_day_clear_small.jpg
    traack_day_clear_small.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 185
  • track_day_clear_small.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 169
  • track_day_clear_small.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 165
I'm confused. Not sure how it is supposed to look. I like the way the advertising screen shots look with track day pp filter a lot. They look very real, congrats for that ! But it does look overly bright for me even when using gbW weathers. I have been using Natural Mod for a looong time now and yours seems much brighter. I know it is supposed to be brighter, but this much ?

Here is a comparison I just did.

View attachment 160132

Natural Mod looks really dark. But I suppose I have to compare it to gbW filter and then track day is just a little bit brighter than gbW. Overall track day looks best for this weather I'd say.

Now, this is also 13:00 hours and gbW Clear with Track Day. That looks overly bright, no ?

View attachment 160131

Hi, not at my PC currently, will have a look when i get home, but that pretty much looks 'as is' to me :)

I have mentioned a few posts back, that the filter is a compromise and won't look ideal on all tracks/conditions.
Riverside track is a bit on the brighter shaders side, but i'm also fine with how it looks, i think i tested it with "GBW scattered foggy", "unpredictable" and "about to rain" weathers.
I have posted some images on AC forum, it looks pretty good if you ask me :)
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...an-gifs-not-allowed.587/page-1040#post-777996

For example Nordschleife looks amazing with pretty much all GBW weathers and my filter, Brands hatch, Virginia International Raceway etc.
Some tracks are indeed a bit brighter then others, Riverside and Brigdehampton, Donnington as well..

So on some tracks maybe sunny weathers such as "GBW clear" won't be ideal for some people (on Nordschleife it looks amazing).
For a bit brighter tracks, you can try the "track_day for Kunos" new filter, it's noticably less bright.

I like the brighter look myself, now all other filters look like they have a black shade across the screen :)

Last edited:
I wasn't aware Riverside was brighter than other tracks. However I tried Silverstone '76 later with gbW light clouds 2 also at 13:00 hours and it was too clear for me. I actually went for the Track Day for Kunos filter. The grass on the side was almost invisible due to it being too bright with the Track Day filter.

I will be trying some other weathers and tracks (Nordschleife, etc..). But right now it seems your filter for Kunos weathers is a good compromise for me for all weathers. Not too bright and well, not as dark as Natural Mod ;)

Your screenshots of Riverside on AC forum look great indeed ! I'll try the scattered foggy on Riverside to see if I get the same result.

Thanks for helping !

I wasn't aware Riverside was brighter than other tracks. However I tried Silverstone '76 later with gbW light clouds 2 also at 13:00 hours and it was too clear for me. I actually went for the Track Day for Kunos filter. The grass on the side was almost invisible due to it being too bright with the Track Day filter.

I will be trying some other weathers and tracks (Nordschleife, etc..). But right now it seems your filter for Kunos weathers is a good compromise for me for all weathers. Not too bright and well, not as dark as Natural Mod ;)

Your screenshots of Riverside on AC forum look great indeed ! I'll try the scattered foggy on Riverside to see if I get the same result.

Thanks for helping !

Yeah, "scattered foggy" is all around awesome weather and works great with my filter on pretty much any track.
Silverstone is also a brighter track as it's not being obstructed by anything :D (no mountains or anything in sight)
This is with "scattered foggy", it's bright but imo something that your eyes would actually see, not burning bright.

(second picture is the shiniest point on the track but i think still looks realistically shiny)

20161116144339_1.jpg

20161116144405_1.jpg

@cerebralvortex my filter is dark when using gbw weathers as the exposure in gbw filter (and this one too i guess) is set higher than mine/kunos filters, so probably best not to try and use that combination of filter and weather

Makes sense. I was using your mod exclusively for a long time. The gbW filter was much too bright for me, that's why I kept using Natural Mod with them too. I must say that it made it really dark indeed. If you look at my screenshot above which is at 13:00 hours it looks like the world is going to end soon.. might need some red skies for that ;)

For now I'm sticking with Track Day for Kunos with gbW weathers and Natural Mod or maybe also TD for Kunos with the Kunos weathers. But I'm thinking of replacing the Kunos default weathers with gbW weathers anyway.

Thanks for replying !

I sold my entire Cockpit race with monitor, pc, and g27 and you make this filter now T_T haha.. my life sucks.. well, bro i need to say that you make a perfect work!!! idk why i can't comment on post, but i want to say to you that is amazing, thanks for this work :)

I sold my entire Cockpit race with monitor, pc, and g27 and you make this filter now T_T haha.. my life sucks.. well, bro i need to say that you make a perfect work!!! idk why i can't comment on post, but i want to say to you that is amazing, thanks for this work :)

Haha, thank you my sim brother, kind words that reach the soul (spartacus :p ).

Anyone tried this combined with the gbW mod in VR? In the Oculus when both are enabled (gbW for weather effect and track day pp for pp effect) there is a red box on the right side of my vision that I cannot get to go away. I change the pp effect back to gbW and it's still there. I remove the track day pp mod completely and now I am back to normal. I have not yet tried track day mod without gbW being installed at all, just wondered if this happened to anyone else. I'd love to try them together as is mentioned. I ran a benchmark in single screen (no VR) with both enabled and it doesn't seem to pose any issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back