Resource icon

Misc Track Update: Monza 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Reddvers submitted a new resource:

Track Update: Monza - Updated generic podium and black/yellow F1 2017 banners.

WARNING: Do Not Add This Mod To Your Game If You Want To Be Able To Save Your Progress Or Play Online.

As always, back-up your files before making any changes to your game.

Just drop the F1 2017 folder within the download to your game and all the files should drop into place.

===================================================
Hi All,

I have attempted to make the game look better by removing the generic podiums and black/yellow F1 2017 banners from each...

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 6919

All your normal great work, but such a shame we can't use them because of the save issue..do you think this will change?

All your normal great work, but such a shame we can't use them because of the save issue..do you think this will change?

I think not. I guess Codemasters have decided to stop "hacking" and have added a block on altering files, which I understand to safeguard the "onliners". I am just happy they have left an opportunity for those that don't play online to have fun with modding.

I do have a "clean" folder if I ever wanted to play online but that isn't gonna happen very often.

• Deleted member 6919

Ah right, maybe I miss understood, so this is fine for single player and TT just not MP.

Ah right, maybe I miss understood, so this is fine for single player and TT just not MP.

I play Grand Prix mode where you can set all your own races etc. It works fine apart from saving your settings. Time Trial works but it will not save your times or ghosts or other players times. Online says I am a "cheat" and I have never ever looked at career mode.

I play Grand Prix mode where you can set all your own races etc. It works fine apart from saving your settings. Time Trial works but it will not save your times or ghosts or other players times. Online says I am a "cheat" and I have never ever looked at career mode.
Does save work properly in Grand Prix mode?

No, it does not save anything you do once you have put in these files.

I wonder if there is anything to get rid of this, but I haven´t got the knowledge, but I think there needs to be some stuff changed in the .exe file? From where does the game knows that the file has been altered?

I think i found a trick that can save your progress with this mod. Play your (for example) career race with this mod, and when you finish game , close it, go to steam/library/right-click on f1 2017/properties/local files and click "verify integrity of local files" . It verifies and tells you that some files are not valid and it needs to be downloaded again. when it downloads and you open the game, your porgress should be saved. Im not sure is it working 100%, so try it on training or in the single grand prix. But you have to be quick after closing the game, you have to start veryfing progress before game "detects" that you "hacked"
hope it will be some kind of solution

EDIT; it didnt actually work, it was a bit of luck few times, im sorry

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years