F1 2011 Track not rubbering in?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I've always been confused as to how this works, both in 2010 and 2011 and I don't think anyone has ever provided a concrete awnser.

- does this happen in practice and quail sessions ? Because I haven't seen a racing line appear during practice and quail sessions and visually speaking the track looks the same at the start of the race as it did in practice and quail sessions.
- if it does visually rubber in during practice sessions, does this racing line crossover AND develop over multiple sessions, or does the track VISUALLY go back to green state at the beginning of every session ? to my eyes it doesn't seem to carry over from session to session.
- does the track visually rubber in if you are sat in your pits in real time whilst AI drive on it or does it only rubber in when you are physically driving on it yourself
- if the track does visually rubber in whilst sat in the pits in real time, does it also happen if you accelerate time ?
- if the track does not visually rubber in whilst you are sat in pits then does it rubber in in multiplayer when other player controlled cars ae physically driving on it ?

Lots of questions I know but it's a massive grey area of the codemasters f1 games and it needs to finally be addressed with definite answers !

if someone here could do me the favour of also posting this on the official code masters f1 2011 forum it would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure we would be more likely to get more reponses and hopefully an answer from the devs. I would post it there myself but they have stopped people from creating new accounts due to their site getting hacked a few months ago !

if you do post it there, please post s link to thread here !

the track does visually rubber in, not to the point its black, but it gets slightly darker. Especially in corners. I first noticed it in a 20% race in monaco, and i thought it was a bug until i saw it again in Abu Dhabi, again a 20% race.

This time i wasnt paying close enough attention to my line and i got this :

F1_20112011-09-2301-28-03-98.jpg

and boy oh boy do those marbles shake your wheel when you get them on the tires... and just now in cropping and resizing the image, i saw they are beginning to form to the right of the racing line (only slightly so far) but they are there..

Finally found the grip levels. IIRC they were in a xml file last time around, now I found them in the database.bin.
P1_grip is 0.35
p2_grip is 0.4
p3_grip is 0.45
q1_grip is 0.55
q2_grip is 0.6
q3_grip is 0.65
race_grip is 0.65

I haven't found anything about the rubbered-in line yet, but given those values above are still there I don't think it has an effect on actual grip levels.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%