Track Map Display

Apps Track Map Display 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've installed the mod & checked box in AC > options > general >ui modules > map_display but track maps do not appear in the game (stock install).

Please advise... thanks!

1. Perform a steam integrity check.
2. Disable all other apps in AC > options > general >ui modules and see if it runs. If it does, find out which app causes the trouble by enabling one after the other.
3. If it still doesn't run, send your logs.

Hello. First off I'd like to apologize for leaving this review: http://i.imgur.com/uW2nQ7a.png

I didn't know there was a support section for that, and I was sure I could update my review later (quite strange it's not possible!)

Anyways. Since you asked for my log I'll supply it. The issue started occurring in version 1.14 and seemingly randomly started happening.

http://pastebin.com/6LjLFdqM

Sorry for the very delayed response, I thought I would get notifications about replies to my reviews.

Hello. First off I'd like to apologize for leaving this review: http://i.imgur.com/uW2nQ7a.png

I didn't know there was a support section for that, and I was sure I could update my review later (quite strange it's not possible!)

Anyways. Since you asked for my log I'll supply it. The issue started occurring in version 1.14 and seemingly randomly started happening.

http://pastebin.com/6LjLFdqM

Sorry for the very delayed response, I thought I would get notifications about replies to my reviews.

Well, I don't want to comment too much about the review pages on RD, but I noticed also your recent review for ptracker... These "reviews" (and not only the ones from you) don't increase my motivation level...

Anyways, regarding your problem, try to follow all of the following steps

1. physically remove all folders from <assetto corsa install>/apps/python
2. perform a steam integrity check
3. install track map display as usual

Good luck
Neys

Those are the only 2 reviews like that I have left, I can tell you that much.. and after reading your response, I definitely won't do it again. I really am sorry, I can't do much more about it now...

I'll try your steps. If it doesn't work, it should help that I plan to roll back to Windows 8 cause Microsoft still hasn't fixed the issues I have on my W10 PCs.

It's been a while but I am back here, because I still have the disappearing app issue and I just can't live without Track Map Display.

I have tried a complete reinstall of Assetto Corsa, deleting the remaining folders, but it didn't help. The app just keeps disappearing from the app bar, and randomly appears again some races later.

I just noticed that there are more people reporting this same issue now.

I hope you can fix it!

Also having the disappearing app issue, seems to disappear when changing track. No errors in logs so I tried to debug it myself and I think I have the solution. The track change I think was a red herring, it maybe that causes a cache to clear or something. But even without the app visible in the sidebar the acMain loop worked and calls to acUpdate can be done. I added in a dummy new app within acMain, that always showed up which lead me to look at the global variables. The Global variables are not defined in the main scope of the file, only in the function where they are first used. By adding
appWindow = None
mapDisplay = None
to the top of the file after libs are loaded seems to fix this for me. Back to having the awesome 5* app that I can't do without! Something must have changed along the way that made this important.

EDIT: spoke too soon, was surprised that the global thing would make a difference. It's something else. will investigate some more but nothing actually fails but for some reason you have to do several rejoins to get it to appear

EDIT2: really odd can't see whats going wrong. If I create another app within the acMain loop that always appears.

Last edited:
Just a small update on this. After the wannacry desaster i decided it was about time for a win10 update. Also got this creators thing now (i haven't been asking for it :/). I haven't seen the issue described by many people up to now. Maybe all of the guys having problems use windows defender?

Just a small update on this. After the wannacry desaster i decided it was about time for a win10 update. Also got this creators thing now (i haven't been asking for it :/). I haven't seen the issue described by many people up to now. Maybe all of the guys having problems use windows defender?
I am using windows defender. Having another go at trying to fix this myself because its a really odd error. App seems to work fine if it's the only one enabled. But it starts disappearing again when loaded with others, its not a specific clash just having a few open. I can have several apps running add in another one and Map Display starts disappearing do a test with just MapDisplay and last included app and it works fine. Will try shutting off defender for a bit.

If you open apps/python/map_display/map_display.py with notepad do a ctrl-f and search for acdebug(str(dir(ac))) and you'll find it. You can remove the entire line or comment it out by inserting a # at the start of it.

Or more simply replace the file with the version I have attached (v1.15), you will have to change the extension back to .py not allowed to upload a python file. Hope Neys is OK with extra testers! But this is in no way official so don't give him a bad review if this doesn't fix or causes unexpected behaviour (it shouldn't, but send criticisms my way if it does).

Attachments

• map_display.txt
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,293
If you open apps/python/map_display/map_display.py with notepad do a ctrl-f and search for acdebug(str(dir(ac))) and you'll find it. You can remove the entire line or comment it out by inserting a # at the start of it.

Or more simply replace the file with the version I have attached (v1.15), you will have to change the extension back to .py not allowed to upload a python file. Hope Neys is OK with extra testers! But this is in no way official so don't give him a bad review if this doesn't fix or causes unexpected behaviour (it shouldn't, but send criticisms my way if it does).
Thanks man, so far so good, its worked every time I loaded up a track. I will update you if there is anytime that it doesn't work because it seems stable at every track and car I tried so far.

Hi, love the app, but i'm looking for a way to make the arrows bigger. I know you can size it up by the height and width, but that leaves the arrows very small. I also increased zoom level, but that moves the map trying to keep myself relatively center. Is this intended or is there a way to turn it off, or respectively make the arrows bigger?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%