• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Track Grip?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by PaulH, Sep 30, 2017.

1. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +812
    Are the tracks dynamic in Raceroom?
    I ask as I'm running some practice sessions at Silverstone, no matter how many laps I put in, the track feels static? Same grip from lap1 to lap 30
    Also does time of day affect grip? morning, noon , afternoon?

I have so many of these Sims now I forget what does what :roflmao::):thumbsup:

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,731
    The track's not dynamic but tyre wear should effect the grip levels.
    I will check the server shortly to make sure it's enabled.
    Time of day AFAIK does have an influence on grip but we tend to run all races set at afternoon and people complain if it gets changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,850
    Supposedly the grip levels change as you progress through the simulated racing weekend, so practice will have the least grip, then qualification a bit more and race will have a full grip. Never heard anything about time of day influencing grip before (or I don't remember), but that obviously doesn't mean much.

Leaderboard challenge always has the absolutely ideal racing conditions I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. natedogg1867

natedogg1867

Ratings:
    +261
    This is partly correct.

Time of day does not have any impact on grip as far as I know, and the grip will be constant from lap 1-1000. Grip does differ in the different sessions though as you noted.

Practice has the least amount of grip, Race is in the middle, and Qualy has the most grip. Yes, I am 100% sure of this.

The difference in grip levels is actually quite minor, but you should be able to notice that your qualy laps will be notably faster. Perhaps a second faster on a decently long track.

You are correct that leaderboard challenges have ideal conditions. Which would mean it has the same track grip that a qualy session uses.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,850
    Thanks for clarification!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +812
    Thanks guys, I thought I was going crazy, as when I did try Leaderboard challenge I was indeed over a second faster, so that explains it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,731
    That's why we put the server up for practice, means you're nearer the conditions you'll be racing in.

• Like Like x 1