1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Track folder doesn't appear in Locations folder (rFactor)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by MegaErkki, Jan 27, 2013.

1. I took a look around and I didn't find any discussion of this, so I decided to make one.

So I'm using BTB Pro and I made test run so it would even work. I exported the track successfully with name Test. Then I started rFactor. I saw this Test track on tracklist and loaded the track. It worked well. Yey. I closed the rFactor, checked Locations folder and find out that the whole Test folder doesn't even exist.

I just reinstalled rFactor few days ago on a new path C: ProgramFiles(x86)/Image Space Incorporated/rFactor/ because of an error of loading tracks on old path C: ProgramFiles(x86)/rFactor

Could this new path be cause of an error? Or something else? Any suggest is desired :)

2. I'm guessing that your using Windows 7, as rFactor and BTB were designed for Windows XP.

I cant remember the exact location/directory but, Windows 7 protects the programs folder and puts your BTB track and your plr folder in a hidden directory in C:/ drive.

Hopefully someone with Windows 7 will tell you where it is as I cant remember right now.
    ;)

3. Actually I'm on Vista, but basically idea is the same.

I'm not on my own computer right now, but I think that problem is to run BTB as administrator. If I edit anything in rFactor folders, I always have to give administrator password.