1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track designing inspirational images

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Alex Kyriak, May 18, 2010.

1. All, just thought I'd share these photos I found here. It's a link to the Spa Franchorchaps website with some great photos of the track. Click on 'photo gallery - visit of the racetrack' and 'new aerial views...'.

From a track designing point of view I thought they were rather informative and interesting in terms of setting up the relationship of track to track edge / rumble strip / runoff / barrier / support road / landscape etc.

If anyone has found anything similar for other tracks, or even just inspiring images, please post a link....:D
  2. I use Google maps to study circuits. Just type the name of the track and the map will take you there ;-)
  3. Emery - that Bing maps is pretty detailed.. V cool. Can make out alot of the detials in the surfaces and boundaries.
  4. I thought it was cool that Bing maps managed to take their photos on a race day! Pictures for Portland are probably spring of 2006 or 2007 and don't show the result of 2008 changes & repaving.
  5. That unknown (brisbane australia) track is Darlington Park. I have been tempted to built it, its closed down now (the usual scenario, residents move in etc etc) A friend of mine owns the Karting track in the same complex. Someone actually made that kart rack for rfactor, it was Ledgendsatlunch I think.

Actually I think I will make the track and then it can be added to the OACG :)