Track Designing Competition

Morocco GP.jpg

Ok here is my attempt(sorry for my crappy handwriting, I have dysgraphia and couldn't be bothered to download CAD as I don't have Photoshop on my current computer and my computer is absolute crap so it would have taken a while to upload)
The Swedish GP(Both the track and Border of Sweden are attached)
Race.JPG
Sweden_flag.png

@rubaru's Croatiaring is the winner!
Thanks @Jimlaad43 hopefully it was the layout and not my graphics that got it for me. I really enjoyed that challenge, though, and hope to see it again.

I want to try something a little weird that I saw with success on another website I used to visit for track design challenges. Find a ski resort anywhere in the world and place a new racing circuit there. Use the existing ski runs as possible routes so you don't have to cut down more trees. Yes, it will be steep (like S/F at COTA), but please be mindful of cliffs. I will be checking topography for conflicts. As usual, 4-7km, 16-22 turns. Identify in the text where the pit lane and S/F line are, and make sure you have 2 decent DRS activation areas. You have til 25 Jan, around 1800 GMT.

I was trying to mix it up by using Bobsleigh tracks, but even that was hard to find surrounding roads with straights long enough.

Alright here's a new one for you. No deadline really, I'll just wait til entries stop coming in.
The 1958 and 1960 Portuguese Grand Prix were held at Circuito da Boavista in Oporto, Portugal. This 7.33km anti-clockwise circuit had 12 turns and traversed many different paving types, including asphalt, cobblestones, even tramlines, and lacked good overtaking opportunities. Oporto has been successful holding motorsport events recently on a shortened and safer version of the circuit, and F1 wants to try coming back.

1) Reconfigure the circuit, but keep the original general location and spirit of the layout.
2) Increase and improve overtaking opportunities.
3) Minimize changes in pavement types, especially cobblestones. The tramlines are no longer in use, so you can ignore them as if they can be paved over.

Alright here's a new one for you. No deadline really, I'll just wait til entries stop coming in.
The 1958 and 1960 Portuguese Grand Prix were held at Circuito da Boavista in Oporto, Portugal. This 7.33km anti-clockwise circuit had 12 turns and traversed many different paving types, including asphalt, cobblestones, even tramlines, and lacked good overtaking opportunities. Oporto has been successful holding motorsport events recently on a shortened and safer version of the circuit, and F1 wants to try coming back.

1) Reconfigure the circuit, but keep the original general location and spirit of the layout.
2) Increase and improve overtaking opportunities.
3) Minimize changes in pavement types, especially cobblestones. The tramlines are no longer in use, so you can ignore them as if they can be paved over.
Any length restrictions/recemendations(personally would prefer to keep roughly the same distance)

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7012286
2 straights more than 1km long, some faster corners, and chicanes aplenty to break up straights, allow for runoff that isn't someone's house and to be overtaking opportunities. I don't put chicanes in for the sake of chicane, I think about where they should go from a practical and racing point of view.

@rubaru
It was worth a shot going with something new & different. For me personally it's just that I don't want to spend much time looking for a suitable location. Rather have one given where I can try a few things straight away.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%