Track Designing Competition

We're not using gmap pedometer for this one.

Open up this link which takes you to a map of Forza Horizon 3.
http://swissgameguides.com/maps/forza_horizon_3/world/interactive_map.html

Turn off all the icons using the thing in the bottom right corner. Next, take a screenshot of an area you want to design the track and using paint, photoshop, GIMP or some other image editing software to draw on the circuit layout.

You must draw out a track using the roads in game. Make the track as long or short as you like, and tell me what kind of cars should drive it. (Is it something for GT cars, Supercars, Touring Cars, Rallying, Off-Road monsters or Historic cars). The best entry wins, and I will drive a lap of your circuit in-game and upload a video of it next Sunday, 17th December.

It is up to you what to make. Do you go for a technical Grand Prix circuit, a Le Mans-esque long circuit, a tarmac speed-run point-to-point event, or a long rally stage? The choice is yours. Just remember that single-seaters aren't in the game, the best cars are highly tuned Supercars or GT3 vehicles.

The only limitations is that you must stick to the roads. They are denoted by the white lines, orange lines and orange dashed lines.

Good luck

Bring on the GTs
fh3.jpg

What do you think the scale of this map is? How far is it from Surfers Paradise to Redstone Airport?
5 miles-ish.
Put it this way, you can find this track in Surfers.
Image60.jpg

It takes around 10 minutes driving at full speed (hitting 250mph around 7 times) to do a lap of the whole map, if that helps in any way.

Forza-Model.jpg

This is a clockwise track. I would say the Start/Finish line would be somewhere SW of the traffic circle so you can make use of the other lane for the pits. My guess is that it's around 8-1/2 km. I like the braking-while-turning of T1 that leads into the T2 hairpin. At least three long straights to let drivers get up to higher speeds, and some very nice overtaking spots. This would be a bit long for Formula One, but I think it would be a very nice drive for LMP1/2 or even GT2.

Sorry that it's so badly drawn, I would say drive it in a Zonda R, 599 GTO, McLaren F1 or Gumpert (if it's in the game). It's anti clockwise

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 160
I decide to do a video of each track. Here it is, along with the result.

Just saying, it is really hard to drive at high speed with traffic around, especially when your layouts sent me the wrong way down a road. These were the quickest and cleanest runs, I'm not kidding. You'll also have to excuse the lagging, that's just the PC struggling to keep up with everything.

Wow, didn't see that coming, I really liked the other two designs!

I have no ideas atm, I will think it for a bit and if I don't find anything good I will pass it to someone else.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%