Track Designing Competition

I think you've hit it on the head. Sector 1 is what drives people nuts with all the 90's. I think the narrow section uphill behind the castle is a little too narrow, but it does make it interesting. I'm just afraid that someone is going to end up inside that shopkeepers front door one day.

Also, having such a long straight makes it interesting because Mercedes is not the fastest car in a straight line. Did you see the speed trap times from this year? MAG and ERI topped the table, so I would think a longer straight could help them catch up a tiny bit. I suppose this is yet another of my arguments to remove the chicane from Mistral Straight.
DRS and slipstream helps a lot in that case. If you saw the ST in Suzuka during the race, HAM and VER were near the bottom because they never got DRS. Baku is great like Indianapolis was, you have a massive straight that you want as little drag as possible down, but the rest of the lap demands downforce, so it's all about the compromise, which is easy to get wrong. Baku was a great race this year, and I think it has at least deserved itself a few more races. Unlike somewhere such as Valencia that took until it's 5th year to actually give us a good race.

*hate incoming*
I don't think Baku is a bad circuit at all, I think it's great. The only downside is the first few corners are all 90-degree bends, but turn 7 onwards is a fantastic piece of street circuit. The bit through the castle is unique, great on TV and fun to watch. The fast section after that is brilliant, and the long straight with the bends at the beginning is unique and awesome. I love Baku, why must people hate on it?
couldn't agree more( one of my top 3 Hermann tilke circuits) wish that after the two 90 first right( as these are good for overtaking) that there was a more interesting stretch of road for the drivers to navigate until the t5-6 chicane

Sorry for the delay, the next round is getting featured on the Front Page to gather some more support and entries for this game, we're just waiting for Guess the Driver to finish before releasing this game. So be patient for another few days and it'll appear all well and good. Look out for it! (It will be a new thread, but you should see it on the side of your screen when it goes up).

Don't know if this one has been done but here it is: Redesign any of the current circuits on the F1 calander this year BACKWARDS. Chose a circuit you feel would have great corners backwards but change it to make sure the circuit is appropriate for the opposite direction ( make sure there are chances for overtaking, I will assume the camber is changed to accommodate this if you do not indicate either way) Length wise don't differentiate roughly 1km less or more than the normal circuit length, I will not be strict on this. If you can, briefly describe why you have kept certain corners.Good luck!

http://gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7162521

I've back up the start line to give more of a run down to T1, which has been stretched a bit into the old run-off to give a tighter entry. I bit of a kink for T2 before entering T3 for the short middle stretch. T4-T8 retain much of the original configuration, except T5/6 separate into a double-apex corner before heading up the hill. T7/8 now resemble very much T9/10 from Bahrain. Across the main back stretch nothing has changed except making it a bit longer. T11 is a very tight turn just like the original, perhaps a bit more so. The long uphill from the old start is now a long downhill, thru T12, and into a very hard braking point for the chicane of T13/14. The short chute into T15 brings you back onto the main straight to the S/F line.
Pit lane entry would be immediately before T15, and exit would be moved to about 150m ahead of T1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back