Track Designing Competition

image.gif

Let's get this rolling again. And perhaps we can get some new faces in here.

F1's commercial boss Sean Bratches recently visited Holland to discuss the possibility of bringing a new street circuit to the country. Amsterdam has been brought up, and Rotterdam has held demonstration events in the past.

Your challenge: Choose any major Dutch city and create a new street circuit. 4.0-6.0km in length. We're not trying to recreate Monaco, but you could certainly do better than the mess that is Baku. Make sure there is a place near the S/F for an adequate pit lane and garages.

Your design of Baku is what Baku should have been, to make the lap shorter and get rid of the boring 90 mess of the first sector( despite this years thrilling race) The kinks backwards would be amazing but overtaking would be even more limited and t8 castle turn would be ruined.
I think the reason this was done was logistics. As good as my design was, it had no space for the paddock, so that would cause problems

Coincidently I had just created a circuit in Ansterdam when this was released.
https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=7153927&rf=1
Couldn't really find a good place for pits other than the short streights separated by the kinks on the sea front.
with my rememberance of amsterdam this would be quite cool, especially the parts with bridges and tunnels, though i doubt if f1 cars are happy driving over tram tracks :roflmao:

*hate incoming*
I don't think Baku is a bad circuit at all, I think it's great. The only downside is the first few corners are all 90-degree bends, but turn 7 onwards is a fantastic piece of street circuit. The bit through the castle is unique, great on TV and fun to watch. The fast section after that is brilliant, and the long straight with the bends at the beginning is unique and awesome. I love Baku, why must people hate on it?

*hate incoming*
I don't think Baku is a bad circuit at all, I think it's great. The only downside is the first few corners are all 90-degree bends, but turn 7 onwards is a fantastic piece of street circuit. The bit through the castle is unique, great on TV and fun to watch. The fast section after that is brilliant, and the long straight with the bends at the beginning is unique and awesome. I love Baku, why must people hate on it?

I think you've hit it on the head. Sector 1 is what drives people nuts with all the 90's. I think the narrow section uphill behind the castle is a little too narrow, but it does make it interesting. I'm just afraid that someone is going to end up inside that shopkeepers front door one day.

Also, having such a long straight makes it interesting because Mercedes is not the fastest car in a straight line. Did you see the speed trap times from this year? MAG and ERI topped the table, so I would think a longer straight could help them catch up a tiny bit. I suppose this is yet another of my arguments to remove the chicane from Mistral Straight.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%