Track Designing Competition

The Circuit de Catalunya has decided to switch to becoming an Anti-Clockwise circuit. Redesign the track so it still feels like Catalunya, but is good for racing.

https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=7069339&rf=1
Changed turn 1(t1 is last turn on old circuit ect.) for overtaking purposes, if possible would change te elevation so that it goes downhill instead of uphill then back uphill on exit( uphill braking zone on an overtaking zone is a no-no) Turn 4 is now faster and thus so is 5 which makes navigating the double right hander at 6 and 7( pretty exciting corner for a driver taken downhill) Turn 8 is slightly longer and faster, approached from a longer streight than before, similarly turn 9 and 10 are faster. 12 is now a Bahrain like chicane, while 13 is a triple apex left hander, a sharp kink then a longer one then a tighter one again. T14 is slightly extended which allows drivers to carry more speed into the "chicane" of t15 and 16 which is unchanged from the original circut

Hello my name is Hermann, my freinds call me track destroyer( and also creator of Shanghai international circuit), don't worry about my profile name, that wa San accident. Heard you wanted more entries;);) so I had a go. https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=7073697&rf=1. Extended the main streight as every track I make the streight gets longer. A very "open" hairpin follows and then we lead on to the most important section on the track. No-one likes the last chicane so I thought I would improve it slightly:D the track splits into two to cater to Raikonnen if he wants to get lost again like in Brasil a couple of years ago. The track then has a very fast set of hairpins that would test a driver greatly. The track then goes all Abu Dhabi and has cancer of the 90degree type. Then the driver takes a short trip to Shanghai to take on the most amazing set of corners everevevevevevrvr!!!!!! :whistling:
Still think overtaking will be good, not quite as good as Sochi though, that race especially in 2017 had massives of overtakes. Hope u enjoy, just off to cut spa in half.

Still better than Shanghai international circuit;)

Hello my name is Hermann, my freinds call me track destroyer( and also creator of Shanghai international circuit), don't worry about my profile name, that wa San accident. Heard you wanted more entries;);) so I had a go. https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/?r=7073697&rf=1. Extended the main streight as every track I make the streight gets longer. A very "open" hairpin follows and then we lead on to the most important section on the track. No-one likes the last chicane so I thought I would improve it slightly:D the track splits into two to cater to Raikonnen if he wants to get lost again like in Brasil a couple of years ago. The track then has a very fast set of hairpins that would test a driver greatly. The track then goes all Abu Dhabi and has cancer of the 90degree type. Then the driver takes a short trip to Shanghai to take on the most amazing set of corners everevevevevevrvr!!!!!! :whistling:
Still think overtaking will be good, not quite as good as Sochi though, that race especially in 2017 had massives of overtakes. Hope u enjoy, just off to cut spa in half.

Still better than Shanghai international circuit;)
If jim doesn't award you with the win I'll think he's bonkers :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back